Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Entry to US when previously denied

Entry to US when previously denied

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

CheekyRick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entry to US when previously denied

I'm a UK citizen, and when travelling from Canada to the US last January, I was denied entry (I was flagpoling and needed to leave Canada to get a Canadian work permit at the border) - I guess I was denied as my Canadian Visitor Visa had expired and I had no return ticket to the UK.

I'm looking to travel to the US next month - having looked at the US embassy site, it appears as though I don't qualify for the Visa Waiver Programme as I have been denied entry in the past. Does anyone know if I can go and plead my case to the Port of Entry as B2 Visitor Visas are taking 10-16 weeks.. or is the likelihood of being denied entry again very high?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry to US when previously denied

Originally Posted by CheekyRick View Post
.. or is the likelihood of being denied entry again very high?
Yes ............
Old Feb 4th 2007, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

There is a US Visa forum.

But I would go with Ray, as I am sure most others would.

You would need to be lucky. Quite lucky.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:27 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
There is a US Visa forum.

But I would go with Ray, as I am sure most others would.

You would need to be lucky. Quite lucky.
I'm closing this thread. The US visas forum would be most appropriate for you.

NC Penguin