British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/entirely-optional-lets-say-10-nice-things-about-septics-thread-439085/)

gruffbrown Apr 1st 2007 6:31 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4589560)
What thoroughly decent chaps what what!!!

Lend/Lease was 2% interest, not too shabby.

snowbunny Apr 1st 2007 6:32 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 
There are no true chavs here -- the ones who'll glass a stranger, tear off their wing mirrors, and beat and mug their own grandmothers.

danfan Apr 1st 2007 6:37 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by Irn-bru (Post 4589412)
Not having children - I'm interested in the posters that said US likes children...does the UK not?

The only difference I see is that people have a lot more kids here, and at a younger age. In my group of friends at home, no-one had kids til age 30, and then only 1, max 2. Here, everyone seems to have 3 or 4 by the time they are 30.

Deedee13 Apr 1st 2007 6:40 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 4589600)
The only difference I see is that people have a lot more kids here, and at a younger age. In my group of friends at home, no-one had kids til age 30, and then only 1, max 2. Here, everyone seems to have 3 or 4 by the time they are 30.

and there is no child allowance!!! how the hell they feed and clothe them i dont know, and then the ballet, sports, music lessons. Makes my blood curl just thinking about it. I am quite happy with my 308 euros a month for just putting up with the bitches from hell!!!!!!!!!!

Rushman Apr 1st 2007 6:43 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 4589576)
Lend/Lease was 2% interest, not too shabby.

Im agreeing...this is the be NICE to the US thread isn't it?

gruffbrown Apr 1st 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4589619)
Im agreeing...this is the be NICE to the US thread isn't it?

V8's, good choice BTW. They may not save the planet, but they do sound bloody nice.

Rushman Apr 1st 2007 6:46 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 4589626)
V8's, good choice BTW. They may not save the planet, but they do sound bloody nice.

I was going to say Big block Chevy or Hemi....but didnt want to lose the concentration of the women....or ginger males.

gruffbrown Apr 1st 2007 6:49 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4589632)
I was going to say Big block Chevy or Hemi....but didnt want to lose the concentration of the women....or ginger males.

Small Block Chevy, adaptable.

Haggerwood Apr 1st 2007 6:50 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 
Ten good things about Americans :

1. Living amongst them means I don't have to live near Wales and France.
2. They give you massive portions of food in restaurants and free refills.
3. They prefer rock music to pop music.
4. They are friendlier to kids than English people who prefer dogs.
5. American women seem to have better breasts. Not necessarily bigger
but just better maintained.
6. American women have better tans.
7. American women have nicer smiles
8. I get along better with American women than English women
9. Americans like to start wars with scum bag countries rather than form
"unions" or "communities" with them.
10. Americans have all watched every episode of "Are you being served"
on PBS which was my favourite show as a kid.

Elvira Apr 1st 2007 6:53 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by haggerwood (Post 4589640)
Ten good things about Americans :

1. Living amongst them means I don't have to live near Wales and France.
2. They give you massive portions of food in restaurants and free refills.
3. They prefer rock music to pop music.
4. They are friendlier to kids than English people who prefer dogs.
5. American women seem to have better breasts. Not necessarily bigger
but just better maintained.
6. American women have better tans.
7. American women have nicer smiles
8. I get along better with American women than English women
9. Americans like to start wars with scum bag countries rather than form
"unions" or "communities" with them.
10. Americans have all watched every episode of "Are you being served"
on PBS which was my favourite show as a kid.

Since this forum also has a sizeable 'septic' audience, you might want to add a disclaimer making it clear that you are taking the pi$$...

Haggerwood Apr 1st 2007 6:56 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 4589647)
Since this forum also has a sizeable 'septic' audience, you might want to add a disclaimer making it clear that you are taking the pi$$...

What are "septics" ?

elfman Apr 1st 2007 6:57 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 4589413)
2. Inventing Velcro.

You can thank the Swiss for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velcro

gruffbrown Apr 1st 2007 6:59 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by elfman (Post 4589656)
You can thank the Swiss for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velcro

That's another urban myth dispelled then, I thought the yanks invented it for the space race. :confused:

Sally Apr 1st 2007 7:12 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 
Robin Williams is funny????????????????????:confused: :blink:

Sally Apr 1st 2007 7:12 pm

Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread
 

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 4589668)
That's another urban myth dispelled then, I thought the yanks invented it for the space race. :confused:

You're thinking of "Men in Black" where they got velcro from the aliens.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:13 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.