Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread

The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread

Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:31 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread

Originally Posted by Rushman
What thoroughly decent chaps what what!!!
Lend/Lease was 2% interest, not too shabby.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:32 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The entirely optional "Lets say 10 nice things about Septics" thread

There are no true chavs here -- the ones who'll glass a stranger, tear off their wing mirrors, and beat and mug their own grandmothers.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Not having children - I'm interested in the posters that said US likes children...does the UK not?
The only difference I see is that people have a lot more kids here, and at a younger age. In my group of friends at home, no-one had kids til age 30, and then only 1, max 2. Here, everyone seems to have 3 or 4 by the time they are 30.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danfan
The only difference I see is that people have a lot more kids here, and at a younger age. In my group of friends at home, no-one had kids til age 30, and then only 1, max 2. Here, everyone seems to have 3 or 4 by the time they are 30.
and there is no child allowance!!! how the hell they feed and clothe them i dont know, and then the ballet, sports, music lessons. Makes my blood curl just thinking about it. I am quite happy with my 308 euros a month for just putting up with the bitches from hell!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Lend/Lease was 2% interest, not too shabby.
Im agreeing...this is the be NICE to the US thread isn't it?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:45 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Im agreeing...this is the be NICE to the US thread isn't it?
V8's, good choice BTW. They may not save the planet, but they do sound bloody nice.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

V8's, good choice BTW. They may not save the planet, but they do sound bloody nice.
I was going to say Big block Chevy or Hemi....but didnt want to lose the concentration of the women....or ginger males.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:49 pm

I was going to say Big block Chevy or Hemi....but didnt want to lose the concentration of the women....or ginger males.
Small Block Chevy, adaptable.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:50 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Ten good things about Americans :

1. Living amongst them means I don't have to live near Wales and France.
2. They give you massive portions of food in restaurants and free refills.
3. They prefer rock music to pop music.
4. They are friendlier to kids than English people who prefer dogs.
5. American women seem to have better breasts. Not necessarily bigger
but just better maintained.
6. American women have better tans.
7. American women have nicer smiles
8. I get along better with American women than English women
9. Americans like to start wars with scum bag countries rather than form
"unions" or "communities" with them.
10. Americans have all watched every episode of "Are you being served"
on PBS which was my favourite show as a kid.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Ten good things about Americans :

1. Living amongst them means I don't have to live near Wales and France.
2. They give you massive portions of food in restaurants and free refills.
3. They prefer rock music to pop music.
4. They are friendlier to kids than English people who prefer dogs.
5. American women seem to have better breasts. Not necessarily bigger
but just better maintained.
6. American women have better tans.
7. American women have nicer smiles
8. I get along better with American women than English women
9. Americans like to start wars with scum bag countries rather than form
"unions" or "communities" with them.
10. Americans have all watched every episode of "Are you being served"
on PBS which was my favourite show as a kid.
Since this forum also has a sizeable 'septic' audience, you might want to add a disclaimer making it clear that you are taking the pi$$...
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:56 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Since this forum also has a sizeable 'septic' audience, you might want to add a disclaimer making it clear that you are taking the pi$$...
What are "septics" ?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:57 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

2. Inventing Velcro.
You can thank the Swiss for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velcro
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
You can thank the Swiss for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velcro
That's another urban myth dispelled then, I thought the yanks invented it for the space race.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Robin Williams is funny????????????????????
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

That's another urban myth dispelled then, I thought the yanks invented it for the space race.
You're thinking of "Men in Black" where they got velcro from the aliens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.