Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Entering the US whilst waiting for Visa Interview ?

Entering the US whilst waiting for Visa Interview ?

Old Aug 31st 2012, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

SoundsFishy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entering the US whilst waiting for Visa Interview ?

HI,

Due to various delays, I am currently still waiting for an interview date at the London embassy following an approved I-140 (approved back at the start of May!)... the visa application is for an EB1A.

I have been asked to attend a meeting in November with a future employer in California and it seems unlikely we will have had our interview by then ! Is there a way for me to travel to the US whilst I have a visa application pending ? Do I just go as a visitor / visa waiver, or do I need a special permission to travel type document from USCIS or Department of Sate ?

*edit* I would only be traveling to the USA for one week, and would have return flight booked.

ian

Last edited by SoundsFishy; Aug 31st 2012 at 3:57 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 6:18 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entering the US whilst waiting for Visa Interview ?

If you are entitled to do so use the VWP, as you normally would.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

SoundsFishy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Entering the US whilst waiting for Visa Interview ?

Well, that's pleasantly surprising .. and a lot easier than I was expecting !

Through this process I have got used to writing cheques for everything and filling in lots of forms !