Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Enjoyances...

Enjoyances...

Old May 5th 2007, 2:55 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enjoyances...

Originally Posted by Tracym
Doesn't anyone like our barbequed ribs?
yes - forgot about those - blinding!
Old May 5th 2007, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

bethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to all

I've forgotten most of the British foods I used to miss ......except BACON!!!! It saved me and many others from vegetarianism.(maybe saved is the wrong word )

beautiful trees in cities
not much dog poop (does anyone pick up the poop in Britain?)
going out for breakfast
wilderness
bears
glacial mountaintops
skinnydipping in rivers and lakes (I know you can do it in Britain too, but there are more people around to see your butt)
quesadillas
trader joes
beer and pizza at the movies

oh many many things that I can't think of right now.
Old May 5th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
C'mon then, just to prove we can. Let's see what we enjoy about being here.

I'll start:

Bacon
Souplantation
The beach
The weather
Going out for breakfast
BBQ'ing on Xmas day

Anything missing?
Are you naturally blonde? Or do you dye?
Old May 5th 2007, 5:13 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm ..not sure on the bacon front ..

Service in restaurants
Not locking the car
Not locking the door at all
Lack of dog shite
Walking to the local bar barefoot without fear of glass or dogshite
Silence ....we live in town ..if thats the right word ..but at night I can sit out in the garden and hear nothing
Sam Adams
Ram 1500
Realising that the simple things mean the most
Old May 5th 2007, 5:32 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Danvers
Are you naturally blonde? Or do you dye?
Neither, natural brunette, collar and cuffs.
Old May 5th 2007, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mallory
One thing I really enjoy, it to have a drive around and look at different houses. The house are so attractive over here, and a lot of the yards are so beautiful and well tended. I'm going to a Tour of Homes tomorrow in one of the historic districts downtown, all wooden houses with gorgeous front porches, with swings, etc. So enjoyable.
Are you sure you are not in the filming location set of Desperate housewives or Universal studios?
Old May 5th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
How could I forget!

Hershey's chocolate! Yummy!
Tastes like vomit!
Old May 5th 2007, 1:31 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I end up sending Hershey's bars to my future mil in Scotland - by request. Although personally I'd be buying some kind of European chocolate for myself.

Doesn't anyone like our barbequed ribs?
Depends on the BBQ recipe-I'm for the vinegar based rather than the sweet tomatoey kind.
Old May 5th 2007, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danfan
Tastes like vomit!
Do you taste vomit, often?
Old May 5th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Do you taste vomit, often?
Try not too. But when one is sick and vomits, it's hard to avoid it passing the tastebuds.

I should clarify though, Herschey's tastes like the smell of baby vomit. Like when the smell is so strong, you can taste it. BARF
Old May 5th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

abboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud ofabboy has much to be proud of

Weather?? I live in the place of long white clouds, rain and snow. Our beach is a cold muddy lake, Going out for breakfast if you want to be stuck in traffic, Bacon is a strip of full fat, On Xmas day,we sat in front of the fireplace to warm ourselves from a heavy snowfall and power outage.

After all these, I enjoy the belief and confidence of the people that they are living in the best place in the world and there is no other place better than theirs.
Old May 5th 2007, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danfan
Try not too. But when one is sick and vomits, it's hard to avoid it passing the tastebuds.

I should clarify though, Herschey's tastes like the smell of baby vomit. Like when the smell is so strong, you can taste it. BARF
I'm not really a chocolate aficionado, I mean I can take it or leave it. I do notice a more waxy feeling to Hershey's chocolate as opposed to Cadbury's, Cadbury's a bit creamier. That's about it. Can't say I noticed a barfy smell.
Old May 5th 2007, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Free beverage refills.
Old May 5th 2007, 6:19 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Free beverage refills.
Free ketchup and sauce at McDonalds.
Old May 5th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Greater availability of longer shopping hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.