British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   English Sports on TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/english-sports-tv-533837/)

Revolg May 2nd 2008 12:27 pm

English Sports on TV

Hi, this may seem a minor problem for most but I'm trying to find a sports bar where I can watch the Super League from the UK. I know it's sad but I'm origonally from Hull and it's the derby game this Sunday. I currently live and work near Port Newark, NJ.
To add to this porblem Hull City AFC football team are playing the last game of the season on Sunday and a win could promote them to the Premier League.

I hope someone could help

penguinsix May 2nd 2008 2:23 pm

Re: English Sports on TV

It's going to be tough and likely impossible. Setanta doesn't seem to be carrying it and I can't imagine there would be much of an audience for ppv.

If it is televised in the UK you could likely get a pirate stream here: http://myp2p.eu

Revolg May 2nd 2008 2:30 pm

I thought it might be difficult, thanks for the link though. If all else fails I could listen to the commentery over the net.

CitySimon May 2nd 2008 3:18 pm

I recall that an earlier incarnation of the Fox Soccer Channel had a huge amount of Rugby (this was back in 2004-2005 though). They had loads of Rugby and televised every game from the Rugby World Cup but I guess they revamped the channel to direct towards football/soccer due to lack of US interest in Rugby.

Best of luck in your search for televised Rugby!

penguinsix May 2nd 2008 3:35 pm

When Fox Soccer Channel was called Fox Sports World they had quite a bit of rugby, but as Setanta has moved in they basically stripped away some of the best rugby (including making the best internationals all pay per view) and resulting in FSC not having much rugby content available even if they wanted it.

And league...well, that's a whole different level below what's available generally.

p.s. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpres...4/10/95-rugby/

fourcorners May 2nd 2008 5:13 pm

According to the website espn360.com they are showing the Hull FC v Kingston game on line at 11.30 am on the 4th May

mellybrown May 2nd 2008 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Revolg (Post 6297859)
Hi, this may seem a minor problem for most but I'm trying to find a sports bar where I can watch the Super League from the UK. I know it's sad but I'm origonally from Hull and it's the derby game this Sunday. I currently live and work near Port Newark, NJ.
To add to this porblem Hull City AFC football team are playing the last game of the season on Sunday and a win could promote them to the Premier League.

I love to confuse people here with my Hull City footie shirt :D

sime303 May 2nd 2008 6:10 pm

You don't have to worry about watching Hull FC as Stoke City and West Brom will be going up. I don't mind West Brom going up in first place as we have beaten them for the last 26 years and will continue to do so in the Premiership.

Got to watch Stoke at home at Christmas and funnily enough is was against West Brom oh yes we beat'em 3 - 1. Baggie bashing, gotta love it.

Up the Potters.

Revolg May 2nd 2008 6:17 pm

City Hull fans have got altitude sickness over the past few weeks being so high in the league, but you can always hope and pray. Baggie bashing is a worth while past time to.

zargof May 2nd 2008 6:22 pm

I know it's sad but I'm origonally from Hull and it's the derby game this Sunday.

You're from Hull? My condolences...

Revolg May 2nd 2008 6:48 pm

I'm living near Port Newark for now and it make Hull look like the Emerald City.

Bob May 4th 2008 1:55 am

Versus is another channel that tends to show a fair bit, though a lot is time delayed by a few hours depending on the kick off...

SagenOnion May 4th 2008 2:56 am

This isn't sad...this is tragic. On 2 levels.

HoosierDaddy May 4th 2008 3:10 am

These guys have the Hull game looks like....

LiveFooty

I use it weekly. SopCast is the Mutt's Nutts.