Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

English Soccer - sunday

English Soccer - sunday

Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

foxychickchick is a jewel in the roughfoxychickchick is a jewel in the roughfoxychickchick is a jewel in the roughfoxychickchick is a jewel in the rough
Default English Soccer - sunday

Hi, we have some colleagues coming over to Denver, Highlands Ranch, who are trying to find somewhere that will be playing the Manchester United Vs Liverpool soccer match on Sunday at 9am ... anyone have any ideas a good place to start, i've found a couple of places linked to fox sports pub watch but none have confirmed for sure yet.

Ideas welcomed ?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:16 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Soccer - sunday

Originally Posted by foxychickchick
Hi, we have some colleagues coming over to Denver, Highlands Ranch, who are trying to find somewhere that will be playing the Manchester United Vs Liverpool soccer match on Sunday at 9am ... anyone have any ideas a good place to start, i've found a couple of places linked to fox sports pub watch but none have confirmed for sure yet.

Ideas welcomed ?
No ideas but it will be a pay-per-view game so you may have to stump up $10 to get in anywhere to watch it.

Good luck
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:50 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Ideas welcomed ?
Fados Irish bar downtown will be showing the game (no cover charge). It's right next to Coors Field. You usually get a decent crowd in there and a nice breakfast. I'll be there with wifey and Schnorbitz jnr. Come on down!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

foxychickchick is a jewel in the roughfoxychickchick is a jewel in the roughfoxychickchick is a jewel in the roughfoxychickchick is a jewel in the rough

Thanks - don't suppose you know of anywhere else do you ....i've checked out dewey's and fox & hounds @ Littleton but not sure if they are actually showing it !
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Ideas welcomed ?

been playing with my crystal ball...lol have to with hubby away...and the score will be LIVERPOOL 1 : err what's that other team called oh yeah Man U 0...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:55 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Soccer? Isn't that the game where guys in tight shorts and knee socks run up and down a field kicking a little ball?

Hell...if you're looking for a real ball game in Denver this weekend....might try the Broncos!!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ironporer
Soccer? Isn't that the game where guys in tight shorts and knee socks run up and down a field kicking a little ball?

Hell...if you're looking for a real ball game in Denver this weekend....might try the Broncos!!
lol now isn't american football a game of inches that's how some teams move the ball....lol it's all soooooo
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:29 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Tickets are going for crazy money on ebay.

http://tickets.search.ebay.com/bronc...Z1QQsacatZ1305

Last edited by britontour; Jan 19th 2006 at 8:31 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:44 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

You mean grid-iron American football, where big fat obese guys in spandex tights & shoulder pads bend over and sniff each others butts in-between Macdonalds and Toyota ads?!?!
They are so fat that a one hour game lasts 3 hours as they need to breath oxygen after being on the field for 10 minutes
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lionheart
You mean grid-iron American football, where big fat obese guys in spandex tights & shoulder pads bend over and sniff each others butts in-between Macdonalds and Toyota ads?!?!
They are so fat that a one hour game lasts 3 hours as they need to breath oxygen after being on the field for 10 minutes
ohhh sooo true
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:06 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah- the guys who are 6'6", weigh 380 lbs and can run a 4.8 second 40 and bench press 500+ lbs. And also have to be intelligent enough to memorize hundreds of plays- each with multiple variants. The same guys who- despite all the padding still hit so hard that many are maimed every year.

But I guess if you like men's asses in tight shorts and knee socks...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:16 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah- the guys who are 6'6", weigh 380 lbs and can run a 4.8 second 40 and bench press 500+ lbs. And also have to be intelligent enough to memorize hundreds of plays- each with multiple variants. The same guys who- despite all the padding still hit so hard that many are maimed every year.

But I guess if you like men's asses in tight shorts and knee socks...
Typical Yank, loads of stats, and closet homosexuality loving those big strong men while you eat yourself into a coma munching on all sorts of junk during a 3 hour game.
Here's a pic of a couple of very obvious MENSA candidates discussing football play variants or Descartes or Nietzsche perhaps?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

hehe I thought one of the linemen had a tattoo on his leg but it turned out to be a government meat inspection stamp....
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:19 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hehe I thought one of the linemen had a tattoo on his leg but it turned out to be a government meat inspection stamp....
Good one!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

The Indoor Football in North Boulder usually shows big games,

The only other one I know has been mentioned.

On the radio this afternoon they had this woman who had bought plane tickets, hotel rooms and then 2 tickets from e bay.

She received 2 stubs from I think the 1989 game, for $530 ish.

I did try and get tickets. Could have gotten one at $300 official and passed, wish I had bought it now.

PS Go Broncos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.