Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

English food in the USA mostly Sausages

English food in the USA mostly Sausages

Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

cwooloff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: English food in the USA mostly Sausages

Got bored of trying to find them so am going to make my own. Meat grinder and sausage stuffer arriving tomorrow - might not be exactly the same but at least I should be able to get close.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cwooloff
Got bored of trying to find them so am going to make my own. Meat grinder and sausage stuffer arriving tomorrow - might not be exactly the same but at least I should be able to get close.
Excellent - great idea, any chance of video'ing your first go
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cwooloff
Let us know how it turns out...maybe u can start a business..lol
Old Mar 18th 2011, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

aceastwood is a jewel in the roughaceastwood is a jewel in the roughaceastwood is a jewel in the roughaceastwood is a jewel in the rough

Get yourself some decent brats and you will never miss the bland British banger again.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Alice73 is just really niceAlice73 is just really niceAlice73 is just really niceAlice73 is just really niceAlice73 is just really niceAlice73 is just really niceAlice73 is just really niceAlice73 is just really nice

I found a brand in Grocery Outlet last year and they haven't had them in for a while, the brand name is Saag and they do different flavours, chicken & leek, British style, etc, I added them to a Coleman's sausage casserole and they were delish!!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Infowarrior will become famous soon enough

Well I have to admit, I've been living in Blighty for 30 plus years and have never had a Walls sausage. I am going to purchase some later just to see what you guys are going on about.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aceastwood
Get yourself some decent brats and you will never miss the bland British banger again.
I think those two words are mutually exclusive.
During the 8 years I was in the U.S. I never found a decent brat.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not that much of a sausage fan but I really do like Cumberland sausages. You know, the big ones that come in a spiral shape. Is there an equivalent in the states?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Infowarrior
I'm not that much of a sausage fan but I really do like Cumberland sausages. You know, the big ones that come in a spiral shape. Is there an equivalent in the states?
Not that I've seen.

Though there's a place in Maine, a co-op where the chap made an attempt...wasn't very good though, but he has made some other sausages that were really awesome though.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
Not that I've seen.

Though there's a place in Maine, a co-op where the chap made an attempt...wasn't very good though, but he has made some other sausages that were really awesome though.
Thanks. I really do like them, I think I'll have to feast on them in the coming weeks. For what its worth, I'm frying up some Walls sausages right now to see what all the fuss is about!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Walls sausages? You miss Walls sausages?

I think it was Smith and Jones who once said "Walls - just about the only thing that's not in them..."

Try the English Pork Pie Company - http://www.englishporkpiecompany.com...FQ1ggwod0TXZCQ
Well, I thought the same thing...... I mean, they taste like nothing....
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Infowarrior
Now those are good...
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by aceastwood
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:36 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Yep. They have British Bacon, black pudding and sausages if you are lucky.
Never seen British bacon in Fiesta (in Austin). They have US made Irish style bacon, pricey but not at all bad. and sometimes real Danish bacon that I stopped buying because it has too much salt in it. Not so bad if you soak it in water overnight though.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

OK just had my Wall's sausage sandwich. Got to say they remind me of the sausages I used to eat at school. Not bad but not great either. Nice crunchy casing though. Don't think I'll miss em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.