Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

English Expat shot dead in Dallas

English Expat shot dead in Dallas

Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: English Expat shot dead in Dallas

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Yep, me too. I just heard this on our local news, (NBC5) how do we find out if the couple are from England, because if one of the stories is true, and they only came here five weeks ago, there is a good chance that poor woman and her child have very little in the way of a support network here, and there are quite a lot of us in DFW now.
Call the British Consulate in Dallas/Houston if there are one and offer your services.

How bloody awful.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:12 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I hate guns.
^^ Co-sign, and karma given for that.

Utterly senseless, that poor family.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by texas_ranger
Just on the news just now, both me and missus absolutely shocked.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Sympathies with the family at this time.

C
They have just released his name - Kenneth Woolsey.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.acc8114.html

Terribly sad.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Call the British Consulate in Dallas/Houston if there are one and offer your services.

How bloody awful.
They closed it in 2004 unfortunately
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst looking for the article on MSNBC I came across this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17820464/

I sincerely hope people in Texas now don't just assume they have carte blanche to open fire when road raged.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol

I sincerely hope people in Texas now don't just assume they have carte blanche to open fire when road raged.
I assume when they do catch the murderer, he'll try to argue that he was being threatened by the other vehicle!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:43 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

This is SO scary... I think we have enough problems without making them worse... just drive around Dallas and see what I mean... I am glad I live outside of the real 'problem areas'...

Yesterday, whilst I was driving in town, a guy in a jacked up, brand new ford, came over into my lane without signalling (I had to swerve and drive off on the shoulder to avoid him). I blasted my horn but he took no notice of me at all and still continued moving over! He then merrily gave me the finger!
I know I drive a Mini (with running lights for added safety), but c'mon, those trucks have mirrors as big as my wheels!

I wonder, with this new law, if he would have had the right to shoot me?

Maybe an extreme example... but with some people, you just don't know. Maybe my next mod on my car will have to be bullet proof windows.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

As texas_ranger says, this news has completely shocked us.
I've just returned from grocery shopping and was paying particular attention to the idiot behind me weaving in and out on a two land road trying to get by me at the earliest opportunity. I couldn't help but think what that poor woman last night must have been feeling like to have your husband slumped in the seat next to you, it scares the hell out of me and what about the poor son. I honestly have tears in my eyes as I type. Who the hell do these people think they are that they can open fire and take away a husband and a father in one swift move then go home and sleep in their beds at night!!!
I hope the bastard who is responsible for this burns in hell.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute

It's stories like this that make me sad to the US's attitude to guns. The UK gets ridiculed for it's strict (and rightly so) gun laws, yet incidents like this are not exactly rare in the US and people might get upset but don't want to do anything about it, with regards to gun control.

Just last Christmas, some guy walked into our local TGI Friday's and opened fire randomly at the bar. Two men died and one was sent to the hospital. It was on the nightly news then nothing, TGI's was back open for business the following week.

Incredible. My prayers are with the family.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:56 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Aside from calling the consulate in Houston, there's calling the Victims Services Department in either Richardson or Dallas since the case is being investigated by both localities.

They are the ones responsible for assisting the family.

http://www.britainusa.com/houston/ for the consulate.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:03 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely tragic, and so pointless. I think gun control in this country would be damned near impossible to enforce though.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScillyBrit
This is SO scary... I think we have enough problems without making them worse... just drive around Dallas and see what I mean... I am glad I live outside of the real 'problem areas'...

Yesterday, whilst I was driving in town, a guy in a jacked up, brand new ford, came over into my lane without signalling (I had to swerve and drive off on the shoulder to avoid him). I blasted my horn but he took no notice of me at all and still continued moving over! He then merrily gave me the finger!
I know I drive a Mini (with running lights for added safety), but c'mon, those trucks have mirrors as big as my wheels!

I wonder, with this new law, if he would have had the right to shoot me?

Maybe an extreme example... but with some people, you just don't know. Maybe my next mod on my car will have to be bullet proof windows.
I wouldn't worry, they have the same law in Florida; before the law was passed everyone against it predicted the "streets would drown in blood", but nothing happened when it came into effect.

Personally, I'd be more worried about the idiotic drivers on the road killing people everyday through bad driving. Statistically, you're probably more likely to die that way than someone shooting you in your car.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:11 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

As a person from Texas I can speak for every single person in Texas because apparently we're all alike..... yes we all assume it is just fine to shoot people who piss us off in traffic.... Furthermore, we all have 27 guns in our cars, grenade launchers strapped to our backs and lumps of coal in place of our hearts. Yee-ha.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
As a person from Texas I can speak for every single person in Texas because apparently we're all alike..... yes we all assume it is just fine to shoot people who piss us off in traffic.... Furthermore, we all have 27 guns in our cars, grenade launchers strapped to our backs and lumps of coal in place of our hearts. Yee-ha.
There was me thinking you all rode horses!

To think you've now all got cars, it's amazing how far you've come.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:54 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
As texas_ranger says, this news has completely shocked us.
I've just returned from grocery shopping and was paying particular attention to the idiot behind me weaving in and out on a two land road trying to get by me at the earliest opportunity. I couldn't help but think what that poor woman last night must have been feeling like to have your husband slumped in the seat next to you, it scares the hell out of me and what about the poor son. I honestly have tears in my eyes as I type. Who the hell do these people think they are that they can open fire and take away a husband and a father in one swift move then go home and sleep in their beds at night!!!
I hope the bastard who is responsible for this burns in hell.
Very much agree!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.