Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

English bacon and banger's

Wikiposts

English bacon and banger's

Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:20 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: English bacon and banger's

Originally Posted by chukka
have u got a market basket/stop&shop or star market nearby cos we get hams from them and they r just like the english stuff,bloody yummy
Stop & Shop also sells Irish Bacon.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emmals
is there a reason why you can't spell?
lots...............firstly some words are hard to spell,but mainly,i abbreiviate on porposie as it saves my time typing,cos im a slow typer and also it saves ink and lastly ,if it saves ink then it saves tipex(white out),lol.
feel free to ask me to spell a word and i will show u how good i really am,i hope.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

lots...............firstly some words are hard to spell,but mainly,i abbreiviate on porposie as it saves my time typing,cos im a slow typer and also it saves ink and lastly ,if it saves ink then it saves tipex(white out),lol.
feel free to ask me to spell a word and i will show u how good i really am,i hope.
don't worry my spelling is dreadful....i thought i could spell quite well till someone pointed out i couldn't
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to beholdbxpuser7543 is a splendid one to behold

don't worry my spelling is dreadful....i thought i could spell quite well till someone pointed out i couldn't
i dont worry,cos i can spell but y the f shud i ave to at my age?lol
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

i dont worry,cos i can spell but y the f shud i ave to at my age?lol
mainly so people can understand you took 3 attempts to decipher the last message
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

mainly so people can understand you took 3 attempts to decipher the last message
its good to exercise ure grey matter regularly
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its good to exercise ure grey matter regularly
you said you abbreiviate because you can't type....shorter words hence saves time typing......but ure is only 1 letter short of your.......surely it is easier to spell things correct rather than shorten them???
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:25 am
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RoB1833
Stop & Shop also sells Irish Bacon.
I found this too, the Irish Morn selection We have several packets in our freezer
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

you said you abbreiviate because you can't type....shorter words hence saves time typing......but ure is only 1 letter short of your.......surely it is easier to spell things correct rather than shorten them???
i dint say i cant type,i sed im a slow typer,but im a f........ good bricklayer,lol
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:08 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to find American-style bacon in England? The streaky stuff. Just curious. I would definitely miss bacon, as bad for you as it is.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Is it possible to find American-style bacon in England? The streaky stuff. Just curious. I would definitely miss bacon, as bad for you as it is.
just buy chips called frazzles,exactly the same thing.seriously,just cremate any bacon n hey presto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!american bacon
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

u can get streaky bacon here
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:42 am
only just senior member

leekris is an unknown quantity at this point

Marks&Spencers Canadian bacon is streaky, and delicious much better than here too I think.
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

I would say not, nowhere seems to ever cut it that thin..you can buy streaky but its not the same. I'm actually glad I don't have to eat English bacon anymore, your stuff is much nicer.
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:54 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to find American-style bacon in England?
Yes course you can. we just call it "pig fat" though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.