Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

England represented by.....

Wikiposts

England represented by.....

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:31 pm
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England represented by.....

Originally Posted by elfman
Certainly is - my parents are coming over in two weeks and that's one of only two UK foodstuffs I've asked them to bring. The other being Earl Grey tea bags.
I got hooked on Earl Grey in England. Luckely our local store carries the Twinnings brand. You should look around, must be some somewhere, maybe you could ask your local shop to carry it for you.
Same here Mother in law visits and brings chocolate and salad cream at christmas we're normally out by Feb.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
I did explain to them that they should of had them stuck in a potato wrapped in foil, 'hedgehog style', would of made it so much more authentic..
Don't dis the hedgehogs, my mum used to make those for our birthday parties .

Strawberries and cream .
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:38 pm

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Strawberries and cream .

better than cold coons and collards I suppose
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IluvAbrit
Salad Cream that's sex in a bottle, love that stuff

a couple of years ago, Heinz announced they were going to stop making it, there was a national outcry, people threatening to boycott Heinz products so they changed their minds..
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Just been to a girl scouts 'nibblefest'. Each brownie and scout group had to represent a country and offer a food from that country for everyone to 'nibble'.
<<snip>>

England had........cheese and pineapple on sticks the best thing was, we were assured by the girls on the stand that "the Queen eats these you know"....
Do we really not have anything else to offer...?
How about:

sausage rolls
triffle
Yorkshire puds with gravy
Victoria sponge cakes
cucumber sandwiches
Welsh rarebit
baked beans on toast
Scotch eggs
pork pies (that might be a tough one)
chip butties
Marmite on toast
spotted dick
any fruit crumble with custard

NC Penguin
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

a couple of years ago, Heinz announced they were going to stop making it, there was a national outcry, people threatening to boycott Heinz products so they changed their minds..
speaking of heinz....had some with a proper full fry up for lunch...yummy
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Strawberries and cream .
I was in no way 'dissing' the hedgehog.. apparrantly a woman had gone up to the stand earlier and said that she'd never seen cheese and pineapple on sticks in England so they were panicking that their 'reseacher' had given them duff information, we explained that they are found at every birthday party 'hedgehog style' all over the land..
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:26 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I was in no way 'dissing' the hedgehog.. apparrantly a woman had gone up to the stand earlier and said that she'd never seen cheese and pineapple on sticks in England so they were panicking that their 'reseacher' had given them duff information, we explained that they are found at every birthday party 'hedgehog style' all over the land..
I guess they would have thought you're taking the mickey if you'd told them that they should have made samosas and onion bhajis...
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
speaking of heinz....had some with a proper full fry up for lunch...yummy
What IS a proper full fry up exactly?
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Childrens party food in the 70s :

Hedgehog with cheese and pineapple
Hedgehog with sausage on a stick (tinned hotdogs cut in quarters)
Egg butties (egg mashed with Heinz salad cream)
Potted meat butties
Salmon spread butties
Mini pork pies (cut in quarters)
Chocolate rice krispie or cornflake cakes
Fairy buns
Jelly and ice cream
Tinned fruit with carnation or Birds Dream Topping
Jam Tarts
Swiss Roll
Birthday cake - one slice to take home (no party bags)

I used to love all of it except for the salmon spread butties.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:58 pm
ImHere

A big plate covered in:

Rashers of english Bacon
Several large and well cooked sausages
A pile of fried onions
Several fried tomatoes
A load of fried mushrooms
A couple of fried eggs...yolk still runny
lashings of heinz tomato ketchup
and several slices of toast to mop it all up with
all washed down by a large mug of steaming char (strong milky tea)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can smell and taste it now....aaaahhhhhh

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:06 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
A big plate covered in:

Rashers of english Bacon
A pile of fried onions
Several fried tomatoes

Wot no kipper!

NC Penguin
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandpete
Childrens party food in the 70s :

I used to love all of it except for the salmon spread butties.
you don't love fish paste - you freak !
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:22 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
A big plate covered in:

Rashers of english Bacon
A pile of fried onions
Several fried tomatoes

and what about the black pudding
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What IMH said, but without the mushrooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.