Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Encourage me, What do you like?

Encourage me, What do you like?

Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Encourage me, What do you like?

There was a huge "what do you like about living in the US?" thread on here a while ago, I'll try to dig it out....
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Oh I have fallen into the lifestyle too readily thats why I am sat on the sofa having eaten breakfast and lunch and not got dressed yet, watched Roseanne again just waiting to see what Dr Phils says I should do next. What did a peace loving, recycling, outspoken pescatarian do ending up in this hunting fishing shooting town? seriously thanks for your thoughts when I get a job and a purpose I m sure things will look more interesting.
Does this mean you're here on a fiancee visa and you're waiting for work auth?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:10 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Are you on the pull again ???
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
By the sound of you on here I thought you'd been in the US for years.
Seems like you've really gone native then which must be the key.

Yeah, only 18 months. We made a decision early last spring when we were at the height of our hating it that either we would go native and see how it turned out or we may as well just go back to the UK there and then. We also decided
that the place we were living wasnt right for us, and neither was it really America, So we went totally native, found a new area to live, and have loved it ever since. It was definitely key - to stop wanting the US to change for us but for us to adapt to the US. Doesn't mean we dont miss Blighty but now we can see the place in perspective.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:12 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I have fallen into the lifestyle too readily thats why I am sat on the sofa having eaten breakfast and lunch and not got dressed yet, watched Roseanne again just waiting to see what Dr Phils says I should do next. What did a peace loving, recycling, outspoken pescatarian do ending up in this hunting fishing shooting town? seriously thanks for your thoughts when I get a job and a purpose I m sure things will look more interesting.
You can come over here & look after my son for me while I work if you want! Although he's in bed right now, so I'm trying to get all my work done before he wakes up...I'm currently on hold, which takes up the most part of my job, that's why I get to sit & chat on here all day!!! Except for when my boy is awake, he's going through his terrible 2's already (he's only 18 months old)!!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:12 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Married an american while in England, I am going to write a book about the medical examination...
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:13 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so we all know the downside of being in a new and strange place, but I need to know whats worth staying for? I would say for starters the weather (ignoring tornados, hurricanes) sunsets, people who are genuinely friendly down here in the south, seafood and... now I am struggling and need your help. Ideas anyone

Actually, bitching aside - we just bought a 3 bed, 3 bathroom brand new detached ranch, 2 garages, loads of land, for the price of a council flat in UK..!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

There you go...thats a big plus getting integrated into the place. Get a job ASAP even if its just something like partime shopwork. You'd be pretty bored sitting round in your jimjams all day in the UK too I suspect.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:15 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

There was a huge "what do you like about living in the US?" thread on here a while ago, I'll try to dig it out....
Thank you I feel better already humour is what was missing
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you on the pull again ???
Moi... never....

All these girls (going the marriage route) seem to go through the same thing, i.e. they feel very homesick after a few months because they can't work.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:16 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm currently on hold, which takes up the most part of my job,
Are you a sex-line operator
(It would explain a lot to be honest )
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well there were quite a few of them....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266695
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265415
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307592
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343779
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CarlM
Actually, bitching aside - we just bought a 3 bed, 3 bathroom brand new detached ranch, 2 garages, loads of land, for the price of a council flat in UK..!
Even down here in FLA we managed to buy a big (2800 sq foot) home on a couple of acres for less than we could buy a townhouse for in the UK. While material things arent the be all and all, I love being able to sit out on my patio any night I wish watching spectacular sunsets across endless countryside, watching the dogs and kids romp around a huge backyard.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They are a funny bunch here.... funny as in "funny in the head".
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:18 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a sex-line operator
(It would explain a lot to be honest )
Oooo, you cheeky bugger you!!!

No, although that would be fun & easy money!!! Probably good money too, although I suspect that actual phone sex girls are fat ugly minga's & I ain't one of those girls!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.