Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Employment Based process.

Employment Based process.

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Employment Based process.

Hi
My wifes priority date became current with the september visa bulletin and we are trying to get are head around what happens next as info from google search seems to contradict itself I figured this might be a better place to find out.

I've been checking USCIS with receipt number and it still has changed from "Post Decision activity" Do they contact the company/Attorney or her and what are the time scales involved before we have the interview in London?

Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 10:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment Based process.

Originally Posted by Lanyu
Hi
My wifes priority date became current with the september visa bulletin and we are trying to get are head around what happens next as info from google search seems to contradict itself I figured this might be a better place to find out.

I've been checking USCIS with receipt number and it still has changed from "Post Decision activity" Do they contact the company/Attorney or her and what are the time scales involved before we have the interview in London?

Thanks
I took a look at your other posts and all I know is that your wife is an RN.

You say you have checked with USCIS -- does that mean that her I-140 is still pending?

Contact the employer or attorney to find out.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Lanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond reputeLanyu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for quick reply that's correct she is an RN.

Its not still pending I believe it has been approved we were just waiting for the priority date to become current.

The I-140 petition was approved without problems the next step is "Oath Ceremony" according to USCIS website. What is suppose to happen now does the attorney file for adjustment of status?

Have emailed but get "out of office" prehaps we will have to ring Monday seems silly we waited so long for nothing to happen
Old Aug 24th 2013, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you have the wrong number.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My wifes priority date became current with the september visa bulletin.
This comment sounds like she's waiting to hear about a visa interview.

This comment also sounds like she's waiting to hear about a visa interview.

The I-140 petition was approved without problems the next step is "Oath Ceremony" according to USCIS website.
An "Oath Ceremony" is for someone who filed an N-400 towards US citizenship. Sounds like that doesn't apply to your wife, if she's doing a visa process.

What is suppose to happen now does the attorney file for adjustment of status?
An Adjustment of Status can only be done for someone who is already inside the USA and applies to adjust from a non-immigrant status to become a US Permanent Resident. If your wife is still waiting for a visa, from outside the USA, then this doesn't apply to her.

I can't really figure out what process she's doing, from what you've posted.

Rene
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene

She is coming via EB3 skilled workers we have the I-797C which told us they received her Petition with receipt number we signed up to view progress online and sometime ago in 2009 it was accepted.

I was expecting now to fill in a DS-230 so they know she's not travelling alone?

In the meantime we will apply for background checks etc and start getting things ready for the interview so we don't delay it any longer than necessary we will call the hospital number and get them to put pressure on the attorney.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 5:06 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

OP's posts are not hanging together.

The I-140 is filed with the USCIS. When it is approved it is forwarded to National Visa Center who then notifies the beneficiary.

If the I-140 has been approved, then the next contact should be between NVC and the beneficiary.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

She is coming via EB3 skilled workers we have the I-797C which told us they received her Petition with receipt number we signed up to view progress online and sometime ago in 2009 it was accepted.
With all due respect, your responses are idiotic. I'm sure you, personally, are not an idiot... but your responses are!

You want answers, but you never give any clear information - so it's difficult for people to help you. When they do try to help you, you seem to ignore what's been said and go off on another tangent as though you actually understand what you're doing. I suggest you don't understand what you're doing. Why do I think that? Because your comments are contradictory and conflicting!

Here's a hint - if you want good information, you need to give good information.

we will call the hospital number and get them to put pressure on the attorney.
To what end? The hospital has no influence on the attorney, and the attorney has no influence on US immigration. What a complete waste of time for everyone!

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2013, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

S Folinsky
It does hang you have answered my question thank you. (It was approved but because of priority date not being current had to wait for it to be passed to NVC) which should be happening now so I guess they will contact my wife at some point.

Ian
The Hospital pay the attorney to file everything the hospital have been waiting since 2008 and are keen so I call the hospital and inform them priority date is current and we can't get in contact with attorney and I'm sure they will do it.

The response was factual in my opinion adding more info without it getting to wordy