Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

emmigrate to orlando

emmigrate to orlando

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emmigrate to orlando

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Nobody here is going to tell you that. Once again, it's a scam. Also, "forums" is an odd word - this is a forum, what you're talking about sounds like a company.
Forums = fora
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Not to sound suspicious, but this wouldn't be a half arsed attempt at spamvertising would it?
I don't think so....the OP wasn't the first to mention the website...even then she's only mentioned it once.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:20 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sweet4
thanks for taking the time out for your replies and for reading up EMMIGRATE NOW keep the advice comming thanks i am still hoping
Read the link posted above.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Not to sound suspicious, but this wouldn't be a half arsed attempt at spamvertising would it?

Nah, the OP has posted on another forum, she didn't mention this company so I think she's genuine.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for taking the time out for your replies and for reading up EMMIGRATE NOW keep the advice comming thanks i am still hoping
Why are you still hoping. EVERYONE has told you that you dont have a cat in hells chance. FORGET MOVING TO THE USA and get on with your life.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:25 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't think so....the OP wasn't the first to mention the website...even then she's only mentioned it once.
Originally Posted by coopa_troopa
Nah, the OP has posted on another forum, she didn't mention this company so I think she's genuine.
Fair enough. It was just the all caps that got me wondering, and even then it was marginal. One of those times when I'm glad to be wrong.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't say they don't have a chance. However, unless they have a lot of money in liquid form, are prepared to work very, very hard to keep a business afloat (16 hour days 7 days a week, no vacation, etc), realize that when their children reach 21 they will be thrown out of the country, that they may not get their visa renewed and have to leave and if the business goes under they will have to leave I would agree. No hope really.

The only way a company could possibly do some sort of guarantee is if they only charged you when you have a visa in your passport. Money back guarantees are worthless and no company can guarantee that the US government will grant a visa. I also think the visa companies do work 100% of the time. However, probably 99% of them work making money for the company rather than getting the person using them a visa. There are some legit ones that will assist you with the process but they can't get you a visa and none will do anything that you can't do for free (not counting filing fees and other expenses related to the application itself) yourself.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

This is a company called EMMIGRATE NOW they have offered to get all our visas and also help us find work, they even advertise in their magazines the people they have helped so if there are any brits out their who this company has helped would you mind replying
Sweet, they lie. It's an unfortunate fact of life, but people lie.

thanks this is a great help but still hoping someone will tell me that these emmigrate forums do work.
They don't, not for the US. People have had great successes using relocation orgs for Australia, NZ and perhaps Canada but US immigration is different.
I've spent a long time helping and encouraging people when they do have a way in; this isn't personal, we're just trying to give you a reality check.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:20 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Money back guarantees are worthless and no company can guarantee that the US government will grant a visa.
We moved here with my husbands job on an intercompany transfer with a massive company that recruits/transfers so many internationals that they are given a certain number of visas by the government each year in the quota. However, we were still told by the company lawyers not to take it for granted that we would be given visas and the company would only give us a contract and set the move in motion once we had been approved for our visas.

I agree there is no such thing as a visa guarantee.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:36 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a company called EMMIGRATE NOW they have offered to get all our visas and also help us find work, they even advertise in their magazines the people they have helped so if there are any brits out their who this company has helped would you mind replying
There no jobs in Florida unless you are in the business of repossession (or fruit picker). My parents are USC and live there. They are thankful they still have their jobs but their street looks like a ghost town.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Chaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of lightChaunticleer is a glorious beacon of light

Well, there is a loophole that has allowed millions to enjoy a stress-free life in the US. To take advantage of it you will need to:

1. Sell all your belongings. Then buy two cases of Scotch, brandy, or some other liquor and plane tickets to Mexico City.

2. When you arrive in Mexico City buy a used car. You may also want to purchase AK-47s and machetes for each member of your family, but this is optional. Just look for your friendly local American arms dealer.

3. Drive the used car north to Nuevo Laredo. Northern Mexico has seen a marked increase in violence over the past years, so crack open one case of liquor and use it to mollify any bandits you may encounter. If they get greedy and want all of it, that's when the machetes and AK-47s come in handy.

4. When you arrive in Nuevo Laredo sell your car and assault rifles to one of the many competing drug cartels. You can keep the machetes if you want. Then look for this bloke and give him your unopened case of liquor. Wait till nightfall and then meet him at the border. After a quick jump, a short swim, and an easy walk, you'll be home free! Don't forget to brandish your carefully concealed machetes if tries to abandon you in the wasteland!

5. Though construction would be the most logical occupation for your husband after this adventure, it's not his only option. There's also agriculture. It might be hard for you to get a Starbucks franchise, but you could always open a fish and chip shop/grocery catering to other illegal British immigrants in the community.

Pro-tip #1: Stealing someone's SSN can make life much easier!

Pro-tip #2: Reading this board you will eventually learn that the US requires Hepatitis B vaccines for its schoolchildren, to the consternation and bewilderment of many British immigrants. However, on your adventure you'll quickly come to understand why these shots are required, so make sure you get them before you set out!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:08 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I love these threads.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

JulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really nice

ok so how does everyone else do it?
Those of us who do it LEGALLY get sponsored by a company or get transferred through an inter-company transfer. Others marry Americans to obtain citizenship or enter in illegally on a 90 day visa and decide to stay illegally.

You can't just decide to live in another country - any one who tells you they can give you a visa for $3k and makes you believe you can start up a new life in another country whenever you feel like it is lying to you. We are trying to save you money and from being scammed. Read the wiki entry again a few have posted.

Good luck
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello sweet4,

So, in summary you've got three choices:

1) Pay the visa people 3grand and stay in Britain.
They do not have a back door into the US... They have the same list of options as have been presented to you in the wiki. US visa regulations are there to keep out foreigners, there are no legal back doors into the US.

Surely the fact that there is NOBODY responding to you on this forum who has used these people says something about their success rate.

2) Keep your 3 grand and stay in Britain (or look elsewhere, try Australia, I believe their a bit easier on immigrants).
The recommended suggestion.

3) Listen to Chaunticleer.
Not recommended, however, it is a common alternative for many people.

How does everyone else do it? I married a US Citizen, others transfer with jobs.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

sleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nice

Sorry Sweet, but unless you have a large business or a spare $500,000 in the bank yoi have zero chance of getting a visa. Absolutely zero.

Perhaps look at Canada, New Zealand or somewhere in the EU? Switzerland perhaps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.