Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

emmigrate to orlando

emmigrate to orlando

Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:48 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice
Default Re: emmigrate to orlando

Originally Posted by radion
I can say YES to all the above, love it, bring it on, coming from Australia, you know nothing about bugs and spiders, nothing, bird moths, trap doors, funnel webs, but to name a few.
Think of waking up and finding a huge spider in the corner of your room, usually near the ceiling, then when you go to move it, it up and runs and doubles in size to the size of a adult hand including fingers for legs, what a bunch of girls....
I for one have been in July and have felt the humidity and thought it was ok. Some people on here need to be a bit nicer...
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robw4
Some people on here need to be a bit nicer...
Could you help us draw up a list?

(I've backpacked around Yucatan in July/August which a lot of people also think is crazy )
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:09 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
Could you help us draw up a list?

(I've backpacked around Yucatan in July/August which a lot of people also think is crazy )
You (meauxna) are the nicest. Ray can sometimes be nice too.
Pretty much everyone else needs to be a bit nicer in telling people no and cut down on the jokes- immigration is serious.

No wonder this is the worst board on BE. (No offense, I thought that Canada and Aus were better in terms of niceness).
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:10 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty much everyone else needs to be a bit nicer in telling people no and cut down on the jokes- immigration is serious.

No wonder this is the worst board on BE. (No offense, I thought that Canada and Aus were better in terms of niceness).
If we're all a bit nicer, will we get a pay rise?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:12 pm
=]

Originally Posted by chartreuse
If we're all a bit nicer, will we get a pay rise?
No but this board would get a better reputation. Believe me, some people are scared to go on this board.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but no one likes me much.

The problem is, it's not a qualified no, it's a straight up no. Some folks have a hard time taking that on. It's like going to the moon. I don't know you, but I am 99.5% certain that you will not be going to the moon, no matter how much you want to.
It *is* serious business, and the OP should seriously listen to what's been told. Or, the thread should have been posted in the Immigration forum, if that is the info she really wanted.

I don't know what else to tell you about the 'nice' factor, but I never knew there was a ranking system on BE for niceness. Maybe you just asked a more reasonable question in Can & Aus?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:17 pm

No but this board would get a better reputation. Believe me, some people are scared to go on this board.
Among... whom?

Scared... why? It's comparing apples to .. dump trucks. I just did the visa quickie wizard for Australia yesterday (too much link following & once I was there thought, why not?). Epic Fail. I do not qualify for a visa. (well, I haven't tried it out as a Canadian).
What would be the point of flogging that out on the forum? Begging? Railing about my ancestry and how I *should* qualify and it's been by dream and blah blah blah? Would that put me any closer to a 'yes' from Aus immigration?
A: No.

Would starting a second five-page thread help? Would the Aus/Can/UK posters be any kinder?
I think it's a style problem anyway.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:18 pm
=]

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes, but no one likes me much.

The problem is, it's not a qualified no, it's a straight up no. Some folks have a hard time taking that on. It's like going to the moon. I don't know you, but I am 99.5% certain that you will not be going to the moon, no matter how much you want to.
It *is* serious business, and the OP should seriously listen to what's been told. Or, the thread should have been posted in the Immigration forum, if that is the info she really wanted.

I don't know what else to tell you about the 'nice' factor, but I never knew there was a ranking system on BE for niceness. Maybe you just asked a more reasonable question in Can & Aus?
I think you are nice/like you .

I don't know much about the board and where stuff is posted and I am sorry if I offended you!

There isn't a ranking system, it just opinions of people on here. Some people are scared because of the way people are treated?

Are you living in America now?

Last edited by Robw4; Jun 10th 2009 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

ellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really nice

Maybe that can be attributed to being in the US makes people mean?

If you want "nice", try some less obvious/obnoxious, small, backwater country
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:53 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

But, on the plus side, we do have sprouts.

Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:12 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, some people are scared to go on this board.
If they are the people who want to move to Florida because they liked it there on holiday once and don't have a cat in hells chance of doing so, that is a plus then.

Last edited by lansbury; Jun 10th 2009 at 10:32 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:12 pm

I think you are nice/like you .

I don't know much about the board and where stuff is posted and I am sorry if I offended you!

There isn't a ranking system, it just opinions of people on here. Some people are scared because of the way people are treated?

Are you living in America now?
heh, no, you have to work much harder than that on this board to offend.
Thank you for the nice words, and encourage the afraid folk to come over and read, if not post. They'll pick up the gist of it and find the valuable information that gets a little buried.

Yes, we're living in the US now.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:22 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonrob
But, on the plus side, we do have sprouts.

http://www.babyfood101.com/m/i/brussels_sprouts.jpg
Do you have an endless supply of pictures of sprouts?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:28 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an endless supply of pictures of sprouts?
Why - do you want one?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds reasonable to me. What more is there to say?
I agree ..total honesty in a wiki ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.