Reload this Page >

Emigrating to USA

Emigrating to USA

Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:33 am
Just Joined

moqpr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating to USA

Hi,

I'm considering emigrating to the USA, am a 26 year old British Passport Holder who has previously worked in the USA for 4 months.

If anyone could advise me on the process of applying and also time frames, that would be of great help.

Thanks

Mo
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:38 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating to USA

Originally Posted by moqpr View Post
Hi,

I'm considering emigrating to the USA, am a 26 year old British Passport Holder who has previously worked in the USA for 4 months.

If anyone could advise me on the process of applying and also time frames, that would be of great help.

Thanks

Mo
Start here.
Pulaski's ways
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moqpr View Post
Hi,

Thanks

Mo
what visa did you have previously? if under the table, I'd completely forget that ever happened as you'll be nailed, but you'll be nailed if you ever lie to USCIS...see the catch...

And we can't tell you anything as you haven't told us anything to help you with...what's your industry/experience/degree etc.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

can I point out something.

You don't consider moving to america

america considers moving you.

as far as a work visa that's the way it is.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

alexanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
can I point out something.

You don't consider moving to america

america considers moving you.

as far as a work visa that's the way it is.
I am a graphic designer from Manchester, and am ready for a change. I have family in Manhatten (all UK) and Virginia. And have run my own design business in Manchester for the past few years, I now work for a well know design agency but would love to have a crack at New York.

Do you have any advice on the best way to get to work in New York?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexanda View Post

Do you have any advice on the best way to get to work in New York?
a visa....if the company is big enough, L1 to transfer you...but you'd know that if you read the article describing the ways into the US.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:08 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

The two members posting for advice in this thread would do well to read the link in Post 2. This is not an immigration forum so I'm closing this thread.

There's US immigration related forums elsewhere on BE so please post and read accordingly.

Thank you.

NC Penguin