British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Emigrating to USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/emigrating-usa-437531/)

moqpr Mar 26th 2007 9:33 am

Emigrating to USA

Hi,

I'm considering emigrating to the USA, am a 26 year old British Passport Holder who has previously worked in the USA for 4 months.

If anyone could advise me on the process of applying and also time frames, that would be of great help.

Thanks

Mo

gruffbrown Mar 26th 2007 9:38 am

Re: Emigrating to USA

Originally Posted by moqpr (Post 4561941)
Hi,

I'm considering emigrating to the USA, am a 26 year old British Passport Holder who has previously worked in the USA for 4 months.

If anyone could advise me on the process of applying and also time frames, that would be of great help.

Thanks

Mo

Start here.
Pulaski's ways

Bob Mar 26th 2007 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by moqpr (Post 4561941)
Hi,

Thanks

Mo

what visa did you have previously? if under the table, I'd completely forget that ever happened as you'll be nailed, but you'll be nailed if you ever lie to USCIS...see the catch...

And we can't tell you anything as you haven't told us anything to help you with...what's your industry/experience/degree etc.

Manc Mar 26th 2007 5:19 pm

can I point out something.

You don't consider moving to america

america considers moving you.

as far as a work visa that's the way it is.

alexanda Mar 26th 2007 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 4563537)
can I point out something.

You don't consider moving to america

america considers moving you.

as far as a work visa that's the way it is.

I am a graphic designer from Manchester, and am ready for a change. I have family in Manhatten (all UK) and Virginia. And have run my own design business in Manchester for the past few years, I now work for a well know design agency but would love to have a crack at New York.

Do you have any advice on the best way to get to work in New York?

Bob Mar 26th 2007 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by alexanda (Post 4564742)

Do you have any advice on the best way to get to work in New York?

a visa....if the company is big enough, L1 to transfer you...but you'd know that if you read the article describing the ways into the US.

NC Penguin Mar 26th 2007 11:08 pm

The two members posting for advice in this thread would do well to read the link in Post 2. This is not an immigration forum so I'm closing this thread.

There's US immigration related forums elsewhere on BE so please post and read accordingly.

Thank you.

NC Penguin