Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emigrating for US Army

Emigrating for US Army

Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Fairy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating for US Army

Hey everyone, im currently a British citizen living in London, and i want to emigrate to the United States with the intention of joining the US Army. Ive emailed various recruiters within the US Army as they may be able to help me in some way, but im really confused about, well, everything. Could anyone please tell me(kinda step by step lol) how i'd go about doing this? Ive searched the forums and havent really found anything thats very helpful considering my overall goal. Any help would be really gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Aaron
Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Your too wimpy for our Army then ?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Wiped post

Aaron

Last edited by Fairy; Oct 11th 2003 at 4:00 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

So why do you want to emigrate?

Personally, I wouldnt have thought that the U.S. would let someone emigrate for the sole purpose of joining their armed forces. There again, with blood hungry G dummy and Rumsfeld in charge, who knows.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

With a name like fairy, I'm sure he could join the Queens regiment ?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

PimpBot: Im still looking into it, most of what ive read has really confused me. Im still looking into it and reading over stuff ive saved trying to make sence of it all.

Aaron

Last edited by Fairy; Oct 11th 2003 at 4:01 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:45 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Non-citizens CAN join the US military, but I don't know the details. I happen to personally know a Croatian who joined the US navy before he was a full citizen, and many Mexicans join up here because it speeds up their citizenship applications.

Not that it's any of my business, but if you really want to join the military I'd suggest you serve your own country, and not someone else's. Otherwise you're little more than a mercenary.

And with regard to the British army going downhill, the same can be said for the US, courtesy of Bush, Rumsfeld and their mates disastrous privatising/outsourcing of the all military support and logistic services and screwing military personnel by cutting their pay, entitlements and vetarans' support services at every opportunity.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply Elfman. Ive also read/been told about joining the US Army as a non citizen. I cant remember exactly, but something about alien status was mentioned, and that id have all rights US citizens do, except the right to vote and own firearms. I think it also mentioned speeding up the process by two years. Well, mercenarys are warriors for higher(sp), one minute getting paid to fight here, then leaving there because another person offers more money to fight there, if you get what i mean. The French Foreign Legion is usually fighting somewhere in Africa when the French govt. doesnt need there help. I guess everything goes down the shitter at some pont doesnt it, just some float back up. Britain has gone down hill already, i mean hows this for sad- in my home town, its illegal to fly the Union Jack or St. Georges Cross. I wont give anymore examples, as no doubt i'll get details wrong and someone will nail me on them, but you should get the point. Do you by any chance have anymore information or any pointers on where i should look? Thanks again for the reply and information,

Aaron
Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:07 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by Fairy
Thanks for the reply Elfman. Ive also read/been told about joining the US Army as a non citizen. I cant remember exactly, but something about alien status was mentioned, and that id have all rights US citizens do, except the right to vote and own firearms. I think it also mentioned speeding up the process by two years. Well, mercenarys are warriors for higher(sp), one minute getting paid to fight here, then leaving there because another person offers more money to fight there, if you get what i mean. The French Foreign Legion is usually fighting somewhere in Africa when the French govt. doesnt need there help. I guess everything goes down the shitter at some pont doesnt it, just some float back up. Britain has gone down hill already, i mean hows this for sad- in my home town, its illegal to fly the Union Jack or St. Georges Cross. I wont give anymore examples, as no doubt i'll get details wrong and someone will nail me on them, but you should get the point. Do you by any chance have anymore information or any pointers on where i should look? Thanks again for the reply and information,

Aaron
Your location shows as London. How is it illegal to fly the Union Jack in London, and when are they arresting the Queen along with the Coldstream Guards?

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I guess everything goes down the shitter at some pont doesnt it,

Aaron

Given your nick, I would have thought the exact opposite was the case !

Jovially Yours
Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

My location shows as London, as most people wont have heard of Harold Wood or Romford.

Aaron
Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:38 pm
ScarlettHill

My location shows as London, as most people wont have heard of Harold Wood or Romford.

Aaron
AHA! An Essex boy!!!

Seriously, you're not allowed to fly the flag in Essex?

Of course, my other question is.... why would you want to?

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:41 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScarlettHill
AHA! An Essex boy!!!

Seriously, you're not allowed to fly the flag in Essex?

Of course, my other question is.... why would you want to?

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
live in Essex or fly the flag?
Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:45 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by Patrick
live in Essex or fly the flag?
Indeed!

Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Now, knowing that i live in one of the 'not-so-nice' parts of the country(Dagenham, a few miles from me was recently voted 41st worst place to live in Britain), surely is a good enough reason to want to get the hell out. To be frank, and describing it in the nicest way possible, Romford is a shit hole. Yes, if you havent visited Essex lately ScarlettHill, refugees have flocked there, and there are alot more black people, which creates the problem with religious differences(im not stereotyping here), which moved onto complaints about English people flying the flag(not quite sure how flying our own damn flag is racist, but oh well). Patrick- the way Britain is going, im not sure why anyone would want to fly the UJ or St.GC, and trust me, i have no idea why anyone would want to live here.

Aaron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.