Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Emigrating to Colorado in 5 weeks

Emigrating to Colorado in 5 weeks

Old Jun 10th 2010, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

heidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really nice
Default Emigrating to Colorado in 5 weeks

Hi there,

I was searching the internet for a Forum/Website that I could post our details on, and hopefully get some advice and ideas from people that have already emigrated.

We have been finally granted our family based visa to emigrate to Colorado, USA, and we are leaving on 13th July. We've got a TON of things to organise between now and then and wondered if anyone has any ideas or a list of things that they did that they found a necessity????

We've booked our container and our flights and are getting packed to leave, but as soon as you finish one job there seems to still be 100 more to do.

Appreciate any responses

Thanks, Heidi
Old Jun 10th 2010, 6:49 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating to Colorado in 5 weeks

Originally Posted by heidif
Hi there,

I was searching the internet for a Forum/Website that I could post our details on, and hopefully get some advice and ideas from people that have already emigrated.

We have been finally granted our family based visa to emigrate to Colorado, USA, and we are leaving on 13th July. We've got a TON of things to organise between now and then and wondered if anyone has any ideas or a list of things that they did that they found a necessity????

We've booked our container and our flights and are getting packed to leave, but as soon as you finish one job there seems to still be 100 more to do.

Appreciate any responses

Thanks, Heidi
Check out this forum..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

You will find that almost everyone on here is very helpful and will be more than willing to help and answer questions...welcome to the US in advance)))))

Also check out and post in the Welcome Inn..

Last edited by SDDep; Jun 10th 2010 at 6:51 pm. Reason: extra bits
Old Jun 10th 2010, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

heidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really niceheidif is just really nice

cool, thanks, I'll check it out.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:03 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Where in Colorado are you moving?

Start practicing drinking lots of water to help with your altitude adjustment.
And by lots, I mean two or three litres a day.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:05 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

Altitude or attitude? or both?
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search through this forum. It has been talked about a lot of late for posters such as yourself....the wherewithals that need to be done in the UK.

Originally Posted by heidif
Hi there,

Appreciate any responses

Thanks, Heidi
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
Check out this forum..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

You will find that almost everyone on here is very helpful and will be more than willing to help and answer questions...welcome to the US in advance)))))

Also check out and post in the Welcome Inn..
I don't think the Immigration Forum is of much use at the moment...they have their visas and the flights are booked. I think she's looking more for ideas like...UK goodies to put in the container...notify bank, credit card companies, redirect mail etc.

Heidi...welcome to BE. If you take a little time to read through the past threads there is loads of info I think will be helpful to you. Also take a look in Wiki there may be info in there.

We also have a Search engine located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to Advanced Search...then search Titles only in the US forums. Give me a shout if you need any help locating the info.

Good luck
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:42 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Altitude or attitude? or both?
Both.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:50 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't think the Immigration Forum is of much use at the moment...they have their visas and the flights are booked. I think she's looking more for ideas like...UK goodies to put in the container...notify bank, credit card companies, redirect mail etc.

Heidi...welcome to BE. If you take a little time to read through the past threads there is loads of info I think will be helpful to you. Also take a look in Wiki there may be info in there.

We also have a Search engine located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to Advanced Search...then search Titles only in the US forums. Give me a shout if you need any help locating the info.

Good luck
Sorry, I should have deleted the Immigration forum and linked the welcome..oops a daisy..
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I should have deleted the Immigration forum and linked the welcome..oops a daisy..
You have a 2 hr window after posting to edit...so you can still delete it.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:10 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You have a 2 hr window after posting to edit...so you can still delete it.
Well as slow as i am in the mornings...I need 3 or 4 hours..but thankyou for the reminder..
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

The only thing I can think of that gets measured in litres is wine.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:16 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
At this altitude, until the gets used to it, both can give a headache.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:17 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Ahem...

Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

Anyway, as pointed out, the wiki is a good starting point.

You'll find good info on packing, credit history, insurance and a lot of general stuff on starting out and what to bring such as medical records. Also have a search of the first few pages on this forum as there's also plenty more info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.