Reload this Page >

To emigrate or not to!

To emigrate or not to!

Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:31 pm
ImHere

Default Re: To emigrate or not to!

Originally Posted by Manc
with a cherry on top please.
Ahh a cherry will be another $100K. I'll have them wrapped and sent to your house today. Nice doing business with you.

Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I think New England is beautiful..if a little dull in places.......
Never been....but always thought I'd like to see New England in the fall.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:34 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

you guys crack me up.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:36 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I'm going to find it harder to leave here then I did the UK.....but its on the cards that we move to FL because there is little work where we live..so if hubbys job goes again...we are screwed...also the cost of living is high.......and its getting nearer to 7 years in one place.....so time to try somewhere new.......
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean. Not that there isn't a lot of jobs where we are, but its expensive as hell to live here. We're having to buy a house 50 miles from where my husband works, just to afford a decent one. At one point his employer asked him if he'd consider moving to Atlanta....don't know if I could handle that, job or not.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:40 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I think New England is beautiful..if a little dull in places.......
It is beautiful but you can't live in scenery.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:06 pm
ImHere

sigh....if they're going to believe, at least spell it right.

Look out its the spelling police...run!

Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:06 pm
ImHere

Id like to see it in the autumn.

Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:11 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean. Not that there isn't a lot of jobs where we are, but its expensive as hell to live here. We're having to buy a house 50 miles from where my husband works, just to afford a decent one. At one point his employer asked him if he'd consider moving to Atlanta....don't know if I could handle that, job or not.
Lucky enough hubbys job is about 20 mins away in Summer with traffic....about 10 miles.....
We got our house in a small bubble burst on the Cape......which was a piece of luck for us.....we could never afford one here now.......the same happened when we were moving to FL after hubby lost his job...we go a newbuild house there very cheap......we could not afford to buy our FL house at its today value.....
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:16 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by ImHere
Nice to see the trees turn in autumn...but its hell for us poor sods picking up the leaves when they fall....but over all....its a nice place to live if you can afford it......clean peaceful most of the year.....lovely people....I give it a 8 out of 10...
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ImHere
I say tomato you say tomaato.....
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pepsoid
Boyfriend and I, have decided it's now or never, whether we properly look into our dream of moving to America. From the bits of research we have done, we like the look of the Eastern Seaboard, New York or New England etc. We want to live somewhere with beautiful coastlines, diverse, with more energy than England.
Any advice greatly appreciated

pepsoid - Why in the name of all that's holy do you want to come to America?
If you want a change of surroundings there are beautiful countries in Europe to sample.

What does "more energy than England" mean? From where I'm standing England has more energy than the whole of the US put together.

I'd do a little more research if I were you, folks.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but England doesnt have Disney World...think how much energy that takes...
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

The grass is always greener....in Ireland

krizzy, the cost of living balances out down here, because of the poor wages one gets in this state in comparison to other places, and also because many things are expensive here compared to other states.

The cost of groceries, for example, is more dear here than in many other states as most of it has to be trucked in from major distances away, 'xepting oranges of course.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Yes but England doesnt have Disney World...think how much energy that takes...
Was speaking to a bud who has a large shop here in town, employing a bunch of folk. We were discussing the cons of Disney (no pros excepting for the tourist $$ grumble grumble), and he was telling me that a man he has had working for him for 13 years, takes his week's vacation in a Disney resort EVERY SINGLE YEAR (his kids are late 20's!). Every single year, that's the only place they've gone for all the time he's known him....

Unbelievable no? Especially as it is an hr or so away!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.