Reload this Page >

Emergency Passport Requirements

Emergency Passport Requirements

Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

dukestravels1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emergency Passport Requirements

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

I think all your question have been answered in the link I mentioned earlier.
With all due respect that's not true.
The information basically says visit the website...the website says call this number. The number says "we dont deal with it" which directs me to an overworked englishwoman who is "dealing with two kids passports right now and will get back to me"...
Old Apr 21st 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Emergency Passport Requirements

Originally Posted by dukestravels1972
Thanks Dean. I've tried to contact the closest to me. I get directed to a number that directs me to an answer machine. I left a message yesterday, no one called back.

Can you just confirm the following information for me:

The passport expires 48hrs after it is issued?. Therefore if I needed to be in the UK on the 19th of May, I'd be better having my flight leave from the city where my appointment occurs either on the same day as the appointment or the next day? So, if appointment was for the 17th, I should make my flight early on the 18th?

Also. If I have everything they ask for, old passport, photos, no outstanding criminal citations etc and money, there should be no reason I'd be turned down correct?

I know there are never guarantees. I'm just trying to not waste $1500 on flights and expenditures.

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
On your first point, the ETD can be valid for up to nine months. This is to accommodate those countries who require longer passport validity when entering. If travelling to the UK, your ETD will normally expire two days after your trip has been completed (if returning to the USA, it will expire two days after you return).

I can't say whether you will be turned down or not, as I haven't completed the checks we are required to do before offering an appointment. Call our San Francisco office (415-617-1300) between 9.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday - select Option 2, then 1. Leave a message if necessary and someone will get back to you.

I hope this helps.

Dean

Last edited by British Consul; Apr 21st 2012 at 2:04 pm.