British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   The elf of the shelf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/elf-shelf-500528/)

effi Dec 18th 2007 6:08 pm

The elf of the shelf

Has anyone seen this product, the elf on the shelf, it is great. My 5yr old grandson is coming today to spend 2 weeks with us. He is beside himself with excitement, firstly about flying and about it being Christmas, the first Christmas where he really understands what is going on.

Anyway, I was trying to think of things to try to get him under control a bit (he is a typical 5yr old, full of energy and a bit wild, yeah, I know some hope :lol:). I came across this on Amazon and decided to buy it. It is a story book, accompanied by an elf (a doll dressed as an elf). The elf is supposed to be from Santas workshop and he is supposed to keep an eye on the kid and report back to Santa at the end of the day to let him know if the kid has behaved. The next day you are supposed to put him somewhere else in the house, so the kid thinks he has been away.

I got it today and it is amazing. Firstly it came in a box postmarked with countries from all over the world, fake but cute. When I opened it, it is in an official Santa workshop box, sealed and everything with his official seal ;). I am not holding my breath on this one, but it will be a bit of fun for him.
Hope you all have a good Christmas, I plan to make this one the best ever.

NC Penguin Dec 20th 2007 5:32 pm

Re: The elf of the shelf

Originally Posted by effi (Post 5681699)
Has anyone seen this product, the elf on the shelf, it is great. My 5yr old grandson is coming today to spend 2 weeks with us. He is beside himself with excitement, firstly about flying and about it being Christmas, the first Christmas where he really understands what is going on.

Anyway, I was trying to think of things to try to get him under control a bit (he is a typical 5yr old, full of energy and a bit wild, yeah, I know some hope :lol:). I came across this on Amazon and decided to buy it. It is a story book, accompanied by an elf (a doll dressed as an elf). The elf is supposed to be from Santas workshop and he is supposed to keep an eye on the kid and report back to Santa at the end of the day to let him know if the kid has behaved. The next day you are supposed to put him somewhere else in the house, so the kid thinks he has been away.

I got it today and it is amazing. Firstly it came in a box postmarked with countries from all over the world, fake but cute. When I opened it, it is in an official Santa workshop box, sealed and everything with his official seal ;). I am not holding my breath on this one, but it will be a bit of fun for him.
Hope you all have a good Christmas, I plan to make this one the best ever.

The lady at my local Hallmark store tried to sell me one when I was looking for a gift for a five year old's son. I declined her suggestion.