Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Elementary School Teacher

Elementary School Teacher

Old Apr 13th 2017, 11:55 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elementary School Teacher

I dont think being non American will be a disadvantage to getting a job in and of itself. Foreigners are assumed to know and use American grammar and spelling. That would not be the case if you said you were going to follow the ways of the old country though.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 8:11 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elementary School Teacher

Originally Posted by ksb76
British School of Houston (and I assume the others that Nord Anglia own in the US) hire the vast majority of the teachers from K-12 directly from the UK. We only have a few that have either married locals or had husbands who had Green Cards before they were hired.
From my knowledge of international schools in France, they actually PREFER to hire directly from the UK. People with UK qualifications and little french language skills who want to live in France quickly find out that they can't get a job in a french school and remain in the international schools at salaries much lower than you would think.

Same for the USA. Bring over a Brit with UK qualifications on a visa which means they can't jump ship.

Sorry, feeling a tad cynical this morning......