Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Electric Scooters

Electric Scooters

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Odie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Electric Scooters

Does anyone know if an electric scooter (for my 12 yr old son not me) bought in the USA will work in the UK? Would I have to buy an alternative charger etc?

Many thanks

Aud
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Electric Scooters

Originally posted by Odie
Does anyone know if an electric scooter (for my 12 yr old son not me) bought in the USA will work in the UK? Would I have to buy an alternative charger etc?

Many thanks

Aud

Hi Aud,
My 11 year old son tried desperately in July to convinve me to buy an electric scooter or gasoline (you still need electric for the gasoline scooter so don't get caught out), for him in Boston and take it back to London. He spottd it in a shop and decided there and then that it was a must! The guy in the shop (Boston), told me we could use a transformer and a plug converter but it may not work as well. I decided that it wasn't worth it as the charger may not charge properly, they are available in the UK and the saving wasn't enough to induce the temptation of geting my CC out, especially after I bought a transformer too.
We were going to import a 20ft container of them into the UK for the Christmas rush this year but decided to put that all aiside to deal with the move. I suggest if you want to buy one in the UK for reasonable money (because some of them are rip off - especially those advertised in BikeMart etc..), check out www.ebay.co.uk... I've seen some okay one's on there.
Good luck.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Odie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Thanks for the info.
I note you made a couple of references to Boston. I fly into Boston in December. I know it's very cold. Do you happen to know the expected forecast fot then? Will thermals be in order?

Regards
Aud
Old Nov 8th 2003, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Odie
Thanks for the info.
I note you made a couple of references to Boston. I fly into Boston in December. I know it's very cold. Do you happen to know the expected forecast fot then? Will thermals be in order?

Regards
Aud
As I am a complete Woose YES THERMALS all round - oh and ear muffs! and lot's of socks....... and boots.
AND A HAT! And gloves.
You may be lucky and noot need all this - sometimes it worse Jan/Feb... Have a nice trip.