Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Election Results

Election Results

Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:52 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Election Results

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
And what are you doing in this post?

Making a valid point.

Are you Oldvirus's body guard? I thought you were head of the Coffin dodgers network.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:24 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

You are either as thick as two short planks, or you deliberately misunderstand. She was writing of the origins of marriage.
Definately the former and a large dose of the latter for good measure
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:25 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

You are either as thick as two short planks, or you deliberately misunderstand. She was writing of the origins of marriage.
I know that - read back over the thread
Marriage was not created with same sex couples in mind - Elvira inadvertently admitted as much in the post you have quoted - which was my original point.

Have I missed something or do you wish to retract your statement and hence retain at least some credibility ???
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:26 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Just to point out to people who apparently regard themselves as intelligent.....I have you on ignore, therefore I cannot see what you post, so why waste your time........oh that's right - you have nothing better to do.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:28 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Marriage was not created with same sex couples in mind - Elvira inadvertently admitted as much in the post you have quoted - which was my original point.
Correct..........but that was back in a time when homosexuality basically resulted in people being stoned to death, slavery, gladiators, christians being fed to lions, you know, back in the stone - middle ages and things like that.

we can move on from that I feel.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:35 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
One cracker in my office has met Kathleen Harris. He says he voted for her yesterday "because he admires her principles and reluctance to back down when criticised in 2000".
She is an absolute witch. If she were more intelligent she could tag-team with Ann Coulter.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:38 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to point out to people who apparently regard themselves as intelligent.....I have you on ignore, therefore I cannot see what you post, so why waste your time........oh that's right - you have nothing better to do.

Commenting on your half assed posts is never a waste of time Your posts however are just that. Move on caveboy
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:40 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I know that - read back over the thread

Have I missed something or do you wish to retract your statement and hence retain at least some credibility ???
Let's be perfectly clear about what we are discussing here. Nobody here is expecting any church or churches to change their policies about same sex marriages. There is a constitutional separation of church and state in this country - and that works both way. The government needs to stay away from church policy and the church needs to stay away from law making.

The fact that marriage was created for guaranteeing bloodlines and the marital bondage of women to men - does not mean that is how it fits into society today.

Marriage may still be a religious bond for many people - but it is a legal contract for just as many.

Couples today (gay or straight) can easily cohabitate and procreate without a marriage license. What they cannot do without a marriage license is legally protect the mother/father of their children as completely as a "married" couple.

FWIW - A simple religious ceremony is not recognized by US law as a "legal contract" a marriage is not a marriage until it is properly filed and accepted within our courts. So, times have changed, the outdated concept of marriage as a strictly "spiritual or religious" bond no longer applies.

It is a legal contract between two citizens. Excluding certain citizens from being able to use this type of contract - based solely on their sexual orientation - is discriminatory.

If churches choose not to perform same sex marriages - I say fine - and I don't think many gay couples are interested in changing any religious doctrine. But the legal system should never be allowed to exclude certain citizens from the rights and privileges afforded others.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:52 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Just in.....the dems won Montana...so I think that equalizes The Senate...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:53 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Not without Virginia because the Veep can vote in case of a tied Senate.

Have they announced VA?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

and Rumsfeld has just resigned!! Breaking news on CNN...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
That is simply amazing.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:56 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by jen_andreson
Now if only Bush would follow suit.... and Cheney....
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:56 pm
WTF?

Simply fantastic.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Election Results

Really?? WOW!! Mr Bush is next one hopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.