Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400

Wikiposts

Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11157659/
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:36 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400

Originally Posted by rushman

Yeah, it was on the BBC this morning. On the website there is a list of other shipping disasters. One that I'd never heard of killed over 4000 in the 80's
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:03 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Yeah, it was on the BBC this morning. On the website there is a list of other shipping disasters. One that I'd never heard of killed over 4000 in the 80's
Where?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by ironporer
Where?
In the sea. Pretty hard to drown in a desert or shopping on Oxford Street
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:07 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Where?

Since you asked so nicely:
1987: Dona Paz, Philippines, 4,375
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4676916.stm
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you drown in quick sand?

Or what would it be called.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:19 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Since you asked so nicely:
1987: Dona Paz, Philippines, 4,375
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4676916.stm

I thought I followed the news pretty well, but I do not remember that at all. Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:20 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

Death by quick sand?!?!

Just joking, I'm pretty sure it's classed as drowning.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:21 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I followed the news pretty well, but I do not remember that at all. Thanks
Don't be disheartened
You seem to do pretty well for a yank
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler

Did you not see the words "Pretty hard" in my post? Yes, you can drown in quick sand but you'd have to be a right twat to be that unlucky

http://nvnv.essortment.com/quicksand_rkvv.htm

""But unlike the bottomless pits of doom depicted in American westerns, most patches of quicksand are only a few inches to several feet deep. And quicksand does not pull its victim down to lethal depths like a deranged Hoover. It is, however, possible to perish in quicksand but, just like drowning in vegetable soup, you really have to work at it"".

Last edited by rushman; Feb 3rd 2006 at 4:27 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:28 am
Maño-Americano

Just to be contrary:
Attached Thumbnails Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400-shipdesert1.jpg   Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400-ship.jpg   Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400-ship_in_the_desert.jpg   Egyptian Ferry sinks with 1,400-shipdesert.jpg  
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:31 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Did you not see the words "Pretty hard" in my post? Yes, you can drown in quick sand but you'd have to be a right twat to be that unlucky

http://nvnv.essortment.com/quicksand_rkvv.htm

""But unlike the bottomless pits of doom depicted in American westerns, most patches of quicksand are only a few inches to several feet deep. And quicksand does not pull its victim down to lethal depths like a deranged Hoover. It is, however, possible to perish in quicksand but, just like drowning in vegetable soup, you really have to work at it"".
Morecombe bay ???
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Just to be contrary:
Just to be even more contrary....if the sailors drowned how come the boats are ALL still above the sand and visible? and i don't see Oxford Street in those pics.

(You're not going to let this go are you? )
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Morecombe bay ???
Hotdogs and BO
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:37 am
Maño-Americano

Just to be even more contrary....if the sailors drowned how come the boats are ALL still above the sand and visible? and i don't see Oxford Street in those pics.

(You're not going to let this go are you? )
Yeah, Google didn't have a damn thing on Oxford st drownings...though I'm sure some poor sot has drowned in his bathtub or something there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.