Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Eeek its happening....move to SF bay booked

Eeek its happening....move to SF bay booked

Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:18 pm
Zez
Forum Regular

Zez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really nice
Default Eeek its happening....move to SF bay booked

Well, after my initial posts here way back when of "oooh no, I wouldn't want to go there for only a couple of years" we now have visas in our passports, our stuff leaves on 9th Aug and we fly out to San Francisco on 7th Sept.

We're hoping to live in Foster City and hubby will be on business/house hunting there for a week from 12 Aug so manic that we can find somewhere to live.

Just need to have a minor freak out.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

HartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond reputeHartleyHare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eeek its happening....move to SF bay booked

Good luck with your move! It gets a little mad towards leaving day. We have been here (NJ) for 6 weeks now. We are enjoying it and moving into a permanent home next week. You go from winding down your UK life to starting it all up again here. I won't feel like I'm really settled until DD starts school in September and I can go back to being a lady of leisure
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of

I agree with the PP about it getting a bit manic right before you leave. One tip that I found useful was to pretend that the departure was a few days (a week?) prior to the actual date that you leave. Then plan all your saying goodbye's/parties/visits up to your 'fake' leaving date, giving yourselves a bit of breathing room before the actual departure. I guarantee that you'll need every minute of spare time you can get at the end.
(and I heard, but didn't use, the opposite scenario when expecting a baby. Tell everyone that the baby is due a few weeks later than your due date, so people stop bothering you and saying 'is it here yet?')