British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Eeeek....Oscars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/eeeek-oscars-359171/)

Bob Mar 5th 2006 12:15 am

Eeeek....Oscars

Well as there's bugger all on tele because of them, might watch them and Jon Stewart could be a good laugh for a host....but who would you lot like to see host the awards?

And who wouldn't you like to see get an award from tonights line up? :D

Sarah Mar 5th 2006 12:27 am

Re: Eeeek....Oscars

Originally Posted by Bob
Well as there's bugger all on tele because of them, might watch them and Jon Stewart could be a good laugh for a host....but who would you lot like to see host the awards?

It's not until tomorrow Bob.

I Love love love the Oscars!! Come on Joaquin Phoenix!

Patrick Mar 5th 2006 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Sarah
It's not until tomorrow Bob. !

Maybe we are getting the repeat!

Brokeback all the way, especially Michelle Williams for supporting

Were Rabbit

John Stewart Rocks

Sarah Mar 5th 2006 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Patrick
Maybe we are getting the repeat!

Brokeback all the way, especially Michelle Williams for supporting

Were Rabbit

John Stewart Rocks

We agree on something! :scared:

:D

Bob Mar 5th 2006 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Sarah
We agree on something! :scared:

Well I thought I'd get it in there nice and early :D bugger all on tele tonight anyway.

I reckon that Cash movie will clean up, though I hope it doesn't.

antjen Mar 5th 2006 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Bob

I would rather watch paint dry then sit through god knows how many boring hours known as the oscars!!

britvic Mar 5th 2006 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by antjen
I would rather watch paint dry then sit through god knows how many boring hours known as the oscars!!

Same here :zzz:

dunroving Mar 5th 2006 12:59 pm

I use the Oscars to figure out my DVD Netflix line-up for the next 12 months. :D

I hope Crash gets some awards, I really enjoyed it and thought it dealt with race issues in a very realistic way (i.e., I didn't once think "Oh, give me a break!").

Philip Seymour Hoffman is about due an Oscar, though I haven't seen his Capote performance yet.

The Constant Gardener and Rachel Weisz get my thumbs-down.

And for documentary, Murderball should knock out the sappy penguin movie (both of which I saw).

dunroving Mar 5th 2006 1:56 pm

Just took a look through some of the Razzies, given just before the Oscars for the worst performances of the year. Have to agree with their award to h\Hayden Christenson for his role as Annakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in Star Wars - he was more petulant boy band member than menacing, brooding warrior. The last 3 Star Wars movies were very disappointing and he was a big reason for two of them being dull.

NC Penguin Mar 5th 2006 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

If I do watch any of the Oscars tonight, I'll only be watching 'cos Jon Stewart is hosting.

As for host suggestions, I'd think Kevin Spacey would make an entertaining host as would Dolly Parton. Maybe the two could co-host? :)

NC Penguin

Desdemona Mar 5th 2006 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

Jon Stewart definitely. Wouldn't mind seing Billy Crystal host the awards again either. Looks like Brokeback might be a runner-away winner (again). Interesting that neither Syriana nor Constant Gardener have not been nominated for best film. But definitely looking forward tonight.

Bob Mar 5th 2006 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
As for host suggestions, I'd think Kevin Spacey would make an entertaining host as would Dolly Parton. Maybe the two could co-host? :)

Speaking of Spacey, he was on Parky lastnight along with Blair, so that might have been interesting :)

Bob Mar 5th 2006 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Desdemona
....Interesting that neither Syriana nor Constant Gardener have not been nominated for best film. But definitely looking forward tonight.

That's because both of those movies weren't that good, nice idea's about them, but as movies, were both rather poor in execution.

M J Mar 5th 2006 5:41 pm

My mother is staying up from midnight till 05.30 am to watch them...now thats dedication!!! I however will be in Bedfordshire fast asleep awaiting my early morning wake up call from my baby son!! :p

Rushman Mar 5th 2006 6:00 pm

Had no intention of watching a bunch of overpaid "luvvies" back patting each other until I saw John Stewart was hosting. Hopefully he'll rip the piss out of them.