Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

EE fans in DFW area - up for an EE party?

EE fans in DFW area - up for an EE party?

Old Oct 5th 2003, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE fans in DFW area - up for an EE party?

Hi - Live near Dallas (Plano) - want to know if their are any EE fans in the same area who want to view the Eastenders tapes that I shall be bringing back from England in November. Should have everything from Lisa's arrival at end of our last EE through to 11/7 - provided my family do all the recording they've promised - my Sister always records the omnibus instead of watching during the week, and she thinks she still has everything since our last EE over here.... Told her to hang on to them all ......

I have an AIWA Worldwide VCR and will be able to play the PAL tapes - the next thing I will have to do is get them converted to NTSC - something I have never done before - would appreciate help/info on doing that.

There has been talk of Tape Trains - am intending to get family to carry on taping (will have to buy them lots of tapes) and my parents are coming over on Dec 9th so they can bring another 4 weeks worth. I am always getting visitors here so we should be able to get the ball rolling nicely.....

cheer up y'all
Old Oct 14th 2003, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

englishinusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EE fans in DFW area - up for an EE party?

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Hi - Live near Dallas (Plano) - want to know if their are any EE fans in the same area who want to view the Eastenders tapes that I shall be bringing back from England in November
Definately some interest here!
Old Oct 14th 2003, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: EE fans in DFW area - up for an EE party?

Originally posted by englishinusa
Definately some interest here!
Hi - are you living nearby me then?

Posted a couple of threads over the last few weeks about being able to get some tapes to view Eastenders. I am in fact at home in England at the moment. Due back in Plano on November 9th. My sister has tapes put to one side for me since the last one aired on BBC America - I should be meeting up with her on Saturday - arrived here last Sunday morning so recorded the omnibus edition myself - haven't watched any of it or the evening sessions this week - want to see them all in order.

They have been recorded in PAL but I have a worldwide video at home in Plano - and am also hoping to copy them over to NTSC as I have two videos so am hoping to link. Then possibly they can be sent out to people who are interested. I know there is a tape train in the making somewhere but haven't signed up for it etc. as I am over here for 4 weeks and thought I would do all that when I got home.

Still checking email and forums, obviously, so please reply or email me.

Thanks, Christine
Old Oct 14th 2003, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Christine,

How was your flight? I just wanted to say a big thankyou for telling me about the British section at Kroger when you came over last week. We found one not far from us at the weekend and the children nearly cried when they saw the heinz spaghetti!!!

I never thought spaghetti would mean so much to them. We came home laden with chocolate, beans, spaghetti, soup, bisto, rice pudding .........

The beans and soup were a lot cheaper than they are in Central Market. I was so happy

Hope you have a great time in the UK - you can watch Eastenders, lucky you!!!

Leah
Old Oct 14th 2003, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
Hey Christine,

How was your flight? I just wanted to say a big thankyou for telling me about the British section at Kroger when you came over last week. We found one not far from us at the weekend and the children nearly cried when they saw the heinz spaghetti!!!

I never thought spaghetti would mean so much to them. We came home laden with chocolate, beans, spaghetti, soup, bisto, rice pudding .........

The beans and soup were a lot cheaper than they are in Central Market. I was so happy

Hope you have a great time in the UK - you can watch Eastenders, lucky you!!!

Leah
Hi - not watching it yet though, walked through the lounge the other day and watched Dirty Den, obviously doing some of his old 'negotiating' so scuttled through quick to the kitchen.....

Flight was a bit of a mess. Ray and I went to Austin Avenue on Friday night (last looooong night out for hubby - he might like his pint too much but does not drive if he's drinking....) got back a bit late for me -still had loads to do, found a voice mail from BA telling me that my flight was cancelled .... "could I get to the airport early from 10am onwards....to be redirected etc." of course that sent me into a tizzy having to get their a good 4-5 hours early, so ended up sorting and packing all night... They put me on a flight to Houston to pick up the Gatwick flight leaving at 4.05 This was my first ever connecting sort of flight - found it very tiring.

Will phone sister tomorrow and make sure she is bringing tapes with her for Saturday, know you are DL'ing but don't know whether you saw the 'missing ones' after Lisa walked in - hope you can come round and watch them. Have another email from someone in Grapevine - so definitely think we can do a get together 'day of viewing' Hubby's to look after kids I think don't you....

Can access Web and my AOL mail from Barbs' house so do send me email, and don't forget if you want anything bought over please say. Had a couple of bottles of Strongbow tonight, luverley.....
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

englishinusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Hi - are you living nearby me then?

Have another email from someone in Grapevine
Actually, the Grapevine email is also me ... I wasn't sure how often you checked your email ...