Easter Eggs

Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:02 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Easter Eggs

Did anyone manage to get their hands on any proper Easter Eggs? My daughters were so disappointed with the pathetic effort that I picked up for them.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Easter Eggs

Originally posted by kazzuk
Did anyone manage to get their hands on any proper Easter Eggs? My daughters were so disappointed with the pathetic effort that I picked up for them.

What do you mean? You can't get cadbury easter eggs or at least something similar in the US?
If that's the case, I shall scoff my Maltesers egg slowly as this is our last Easter in Blighty.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:14 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

You have to find one of the many Brit specialty shops who carry them. Be prepared to pay more than you would expect. Or try the online shops listed on the front page.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jan in Arizona is on a distinguished road

Glad I wasn't the only "awful" mum for not coming up with the goods at Easter. This was our first Easter in the US and my 7 year old daughter said it was her worst ever Easter! She too was really disappointed at the lack of a normal Easter egg - never mind - she soon got over it.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:47 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

You can get Cadbury's Cream Eggs and Cadbury's Caramel Eggs at Dollar Tree.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whatever
What do you mean? You can't get cadbury easter eggs or at least something similar in the US?
If that's the case, I shall scoff my Maltesers egg slowly as this is our last Easter in Blighty.
Speaking of Maltesers and easter. My wife bought a bag of "Robin Eggs" which have inside "Whoppers malted milk balls" that taste rather like maltesers. I haven't actually tried "whoppers" on their own, but the outside coating they have put on them for these easter eggs, is awful.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

lau3rie is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Speaking of Maltesers and easter. My wife bought a bag of "Robin Eggs" which have inside "Whoppers malted milk balls" that taste rather like maltesers. I haven't actually tried "whoppers" on their own, but the outside coating they have put on them for these easter eggs, is awful.
Aaargggggghhh!
Stay away from the Whoppers - they are without doubt the foulest chocolate creation I've ever had the misfortune to taste. They seem to be pretty universally despised by Americans as well...you need to go to Canada to get your hands on the genuine malty article.

(yes, I'm a little bit preoccupied with chocolate at the moment - I've got finals coming up!)
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:32 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

forget about easter eggs, I miss hot crossed buns...nothing beats a nice toasted bun on Good Friday morning, fresh, warm and sticky.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah -- my local British grocery store/fish n chips restaurant had a great assortment!
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

My mum and dad are coming out in a couple of weeks and already have a goodly amount of easter eggs to bring with them .....Yay!!! Second Easter for us I think...

We just bought ordinary choccy bars from the Brit section in Kroger. We did try the American cadbury's mini eggs, and they are not bad - just not quite the same
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Dash it..I wish I'd posted where to get them before Easter, but thought you knew about Scots Corner in Sarasota! They had loads- even had HUGE roses and Black Magic eggs- massive things. They may still have a few if you trek on over to 17th Street- I was in there Friday getting some lucozade for my pregnant daughter and they still had quite a few left. My grown up kids still HAVE to have a 'proper' Easter egg- this year they wanted Flakes and Malteser eggs and I got my grandson a little Buttons one (first year he's been allowed chocolate LOL). I treated myself to Mars one too.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:19 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Thanks, I'm down that way tomorrow, I will call in and see if they have any left.