Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Eastenders...Redux...

Wikiposts

Eastenders...Redux...

Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eastenders...Redux...

Originally Posted by rushman
"What's goin' on?"
grant and phil are back and suddenly its ratings have improved 100% (they have returned to get sam their sister out of prison, shes been framed for murdering dirty den in the vic)
of course this is the second time he has died in eastenders! last time a bunch of daffs killed him by the canal.
the first time he wasnt dead, just in spain
he was murdered by his second wife for getting his sons girlfriend pregnant, she had an abortion, but his wife wasnt amused funnily enough.
his long lost son wasnt amused either, the long lost son (also called dennis) is now married to sharon his adopted daughter.
dot is married to a man called jim, they have a pet budgie
sonia is a trainee nurse, now married to martin fowler
mark fowler died of aids
pauline fowler still about
who writes this rubbish??? mind you whats worse is i watch it every week
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

i forgot to mention ian beale, hes alive and kicking, owns the chippie the caff and the arches which phil and grant arnt very amused about (batterings to come i think)
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:47 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishnurse
i forgot to mention ian beale, hes alive and kicking, owns the chippie the caff and the arches which phil and grant arnt very amused about (batterings to come i think)
What happened to cindy?It's been a while since I watched
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:49 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Originally Posted by clydegirl
What happened to cindy?It's been a while since I watched
She tried to have Ian offed! Pity she didn't succeed...Can't remember what happend to her, I think she was killed off.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:54 am

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

grant and phil are back and suddenly its ratings have improved 100% (they have returned to get sam their sister out of prison, shes been framed for murdering dirty den in the vic)
of course this is the second time he has died in eastenders! last time a bunch of daffs killed him by the canal.
the first time he wasnt dead, just in spain
he was murdered by his second wife for getting his sons girlfriend pregnant, she had an abortion, but his wife wasnt amused funnily enough.
his long lost son wasnt amused either, the long lost son (also called dennis) is now married to sharon his adopted daughter.
dot is married to a man called jim, they have a pet budgie
sonia is a trainee nurse, now married to martin fowler
mark fowler died of aids
pauline fowler still about
who writes this rubbish??? mind you whats worse is i watch it every week
Thanks for the update. i used to watch it every. So which women are Grant and phil interested in? Also are sharon and dennis living in the US?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:59 am
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shahlax
Thanks for the update. i used to watch it every. So which women are Grant and phil interested in? Also are sharon and dennis living in the US?
No Dennis and Sharon are living in Albert Square now. I get the feeling that both Phil and Grant will try having a go with her in the not too distant future.
If you like eastenders then check out uknova.com for the bittorents.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
No Dennis and Sharon are living in Albert Square now. I get the feeling that both Phil and Grant will try having a go with her in the not too distant future.
If you like eastenders then check out uknova.com for the bittorents.
I get it recorded and sent over on dvd from the UK every month (very sad, I know!). My husband (American) is as hooked on it as I am and finds it highly amusing that the US soaps are all about how rich and glamorous everyone is while Eastenders focuses on the "down and out" aspect and "can things get any worse for us??" He also cannot believe that despite it being set 99% in a pub, no one talks about football (other than the odd comment about West Ham)...hmmm, funny how it takes an American to pick up on such things. Have to say, it is starting to get very exciting now that Phil and Grant are back...

Tracey
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
She tried to have Ian offed! Pity she didn't succeed...Can't remember what happend to her, I think she was killed off.
cindy dies giving birth to a baby of hers which was fathered by david wickes
she was in prison for trying to kill off ian cindys mum tried to get ian to take the baby but he wasnt having any of it but he did sleep with her sister when he went to cornwall for the funeral
the fact i can answer this question bothers me alot....
oh by the way ian has bought the vic from dens 'widow', if she murdered him surley it wasnt hers to sell?? cant wait to see ian beales face when he finds out about that one!

Last edited by englishnurse; Nov 9th 2005 at 6:03 am.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:15 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

cindy dies giving birth to a baby of hers which was fathered by david wickes
she was in prison for trying to kill off ian cindys mum tried to get ian to take the baby but he wasnt having any of it but he did sleep with her sister when he went to cornwall for the funeral
the fact i can answer this question bothers me alot....
oh by the way ian has bought the vic from dens 'widow', if she murdered him surley it wasnt hers to sell?? cant wait to see ian beales face when he finds out about that one!
I'm getting flashbacks now.Cindy,David Wickes and Cathy..Haven't watched it in years.My friend used to record it for me and I would get videos with 8 hours of Eastenders to watch.Got too much after a while.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:18 am

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
and finds it highly amusing that the US soaps are all about how rich and glamorous everyone is while Eastenders focuses on the "down and out" aspect and "can things get any worse for us??"
Tracey
I agree. I think people in the US only want to see shows about people they aspire to be like, not people like themselves. In the UK, it is the opposite. Although, not sure if there are any real people like the ones on Eastenders and Emmerdale!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I agree. I think people in the US only want to see shows about people they aspire to be like, not people like themselves. In the UK, it is the opposite. Although, not sure if there are any real people like the ones on Eastenders and Emmerdale!
well that was the trouble with eastenders depressing, too many issues which made you feel bad hence down go the ratings, i think the recent revivial is due to the return of grant and phil being very funny
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

So basically, it's the same shite unrealistic portrayal of the East End it always has been then!!!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rushman
So basically, it's the same shite unrealistic portrayal of the East End it always has been then!!!
Wotcher on abaat? ffas well aat a ordah!