British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Eastenders, Corrie, and NOW Emmerdale! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/eastenders-corrie-now-emmerdale-286451/)

Lesley1020 Feb 25th 2005 12:56 am

Eastenders, Corrie, and NOW Emmerdale!

A big thank you to whoever it was that gave me the link for www.couchtracker.com

This site is fab!!! Within 3 mins of them ending at home they are on there - I put a request on the forum last week for Emmerdale and lo and behold , got home tonight and its on there.

It took me a little bit of time to figure out how it all worked, but after I downloaded a bit torrent program, I just download them when I get home (takes bout 3-5 mins per episode) watch them, and leave the bt program running until mostly the next day to "share" and I've already got my ratio up - I'm well chuffed!!

Small minds are easily amused I know :D Bloody good timing tho - I got to see Dirty Den's demise by the terrible trio :rolleyes:

Circus-of-Power Feb 25th 2005 1:32 am

Re: Eastenders, Corrie, and NOW Emmerdale!

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
A big thank you to whoever it was that gave me the link for www.couchtracker.com

This site is fab!!! Within 3 mins of them ending at home they are on there - I put a request on the forum last week for Emmerdale and lo and behold , got home tonight and its on there.

It took me a little bit of time to figure out how it all worked, but after I downloaded a bit torrent program, I just download them when I get home (takes bout 3-5 mins per episode) watch them, and leave the bt program running until mostly the next day to "share" and I've already got my ratio up - I'm well chuffed!!

Small minds are easily amused I know :D Bloody good timing tho - I got to see Dirty Den's demise by the terrible trio :rolleyes:

Beware the torrents :p

I used to be heavily into the p2p world and believe me the authourities are cracking down .... A few of my friends have been hit with heavy fines for hosting torrent sites ... I still Admin on a site that runs a torrent section ... and the amount of fellow sites that are being closed is unreal ...

But .... any chance they can get the old Emmerdale from ITV 2 on there as well ???

Bob Feb 25th 2005 3:26 am

ET Torrents is hosted out of the States....so is UKnova...which are taking new members and have the bill, casulty, hollyoaks and all sorts.

Use peerguardian at the very least when using torrents...but programs that you can't pay to watch over here tends to fall into a grey area...

http://peerguardian.methlabs.org/pg2.html

snorkmaiden Feb 25th 2005 3:30 pm

I absolutely love both sites.

They get a lot of the best of British telly and I don't know what I'd do without them now.

Hopefully the authorities will be less interested in them as they don't have films and music and games and all of those things that you could buy commercially.

If the British TV channels offered their content for download for a fee I would pay - they don't however and until then I am mightily grateful for UKNova and The Couch!!

Dr Who is going to start on the beeb soon and I'm hoping one of them gets it - can't wait to see Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor.

Bob Feb 25th 2005 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
If the British TV channels offered their content for download for a fee I would pay - they don't however and until then I am mightily grateful for UKNova and The Couch!!

Dr Who is going to start on the beeb soon and I'm hoping one of them gets it - can't wait to see Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor.

C4 offers broadband downloads of some of there shows....but when I checked it out when they started doing it, you had to be in th UK, might have changed since though...

Dr Who, that's gonna be offered in nova, and also the east enders site will probably have them too....there doing tests on other shows, so got an episode of Ready Steady Cook for a laugh :)

There direct downloads too...so no ratio's or anything.

http://www.eeworldwide.com/ee/index2.htm

Pigtails Feb 25th 2005 6:06 pm

I must be a moron. Never heard of a torrent, and can't figure out how to bloody use the site. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

snorkmaiden Feb 25th 2005 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
C4 offers broadband downloads of some of there shows....but when I checked it out when they started doing it, you had to be in th UK, might have changed since though...

No I get that - I got it last year for live Big Brother - it's around $9 per month and what I did to get around it was uninstall Real Player and then reinstalled it using a British address and Postcode - then I ordered the Broadband pass and bobs your uncle it worked. Buzzcock on UKNova gave me the link.

I linked it on here and I'm sure there are a few people getting it to work now.

If you do a search you might be able to find the thread - I'll have a look and see if I can find a link.

snorkmaiden Feb 25th 2005 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I must be a moron. Never heard of a torrent, and can't figure out how to bloody use the site. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Pigtails, both the Couchtracker and UKNova have FAQ pages which explain what a torrent is and how it all works. I suggest you start there and if you are still having problems go to one of their forums, I'm sure someone on there can help you out.

I did it all myself but I'm not sure I could adequately describe to you how you do it.

Bob Feb 25th 2005 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails

It's easy...though you should do a search on this site for recommendations.

But the gist of it, torrent is a file you download off the sites, it has info about the file and where it'll connect to, to get you the file.
You need a client program to download the files using the torrent, I use Azureus because it's easy and user friendly, and safe. Use that, and the safepeer plugin or, peerguardian for safety.

vegas Feb 25th 2005 7:37 pm

peer guardian 2 just released

http://peerguardian.methlabs.org/pg2.html

Bob Feb 25th 2005 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by vegas
peer guardian 2 just released

yeah, i stuck the link up a few posts ago...though I'd stick with v 1.99 r14 or whatever as the beta v2 is shite...not merging the lists very well so lots of sites that weren't getting blocked are now, the updating isn't working very well at all, website is fecked...on the plus side, uses' less system resources though....

franc111s Feb 25th 2005 9:22 pm

Shhh, remember, we have to keep these sites quiet !! Heck, how do we do that and be a nice forum and share !!!

I use one of the bitorrent sites (if you PM me I''' share). We get Eastenders and the bill and more.

Heck, I think BBC should use torrents themselves and put an end to this mess. I'd pay $20 a month for UK TV :)

vegas Feb 25th 2005 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by franc111s
Shhh, remember, we have to keep these sites quiet !! Heck, how do we do that and be a nice forum and share !!!

I use one of the bitorrent sites (if you PM me I''' share). We get Eastenders and the bill and more.

Heck, I think BBC should use torrents themselves and put an end to this mess. I'd pay $20 a month for UK TV :)

I'd pay $50 per month for the beeb and ITV

Bob Feb 25th 2005 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by franc111s

It isn't a problem, more people use, more to share...nova has a tight ratio and membership, the couch, which is new, doesn't, so can only be good.

ET is now by invites, which I've got a few of...

snorkmaiden Feb 25th 2005 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
It isn't a problem, more people use, more to share...nova has a tight ratio and membership, the couch, which is new, doesn't, so can only be good.

ET is now by invites, which I've got a few of...

What is this ET you speak of ?? :D