Earthquake!

Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake!

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
So I might have beach front property after all
See you down there.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting. In 2000 I was a geology student at Berkeley, with my classes directly on top of the Hayward fault. Not even one little shake the whole time I was there.

10 years later and I'm still waiting. I was looking forward to seeing skyscrapers toppling and bridges falling into the sea. Very disappointing.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag
I'm still waiting. In 2000 I was a geology student at Berkeley, with my classes directly on top of the Hayward fault. Not even one little shake the whole time I was there.

10 years later and I'm still waiting. I was looking forward to seeing skyscrapers toppling and bridges falling into the sea. Very disappointing.
You would have loved the 89 Loma Prieta quake then, quite a trembler that was...
Old Feb 14th 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag

The art of Brit humour and understatment - Oh how i miss it (but get my fix on here)
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
The art of Brit humour and understatment - Oh how i miss it (but get my fix on here)
Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

And I am very happy for the wood houses now! It was most odd to feel the earth sway under my feet!
People write songs about that, you know!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
People write songs about that, you know!
I do believe that Ms. King was residing in New York City when she wrote that one.

As an aside, I do remember clearly waking up at 4:31 a.m. on January 17, 1994. That was the longest 37 seconds in my life. I remember reading that the Good Friday temblor in 1964 went on for nearly nine minutes.

A friend is from Valpariso and they know what to do when the earth shakes -- run uphill as fast as you can -- the Pacific Ocean will not be so pacific.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I do believe that Ms. King was residing in New York City when she wrote that one.

As an aside, I do remember clearly waking up at 4:31 a.m. on January 17, 1994. That was the longest 37 seconds in my life. I remember reading that the Good Friday temblor in 1964 went on for nearly nine minutes.

A friend is from Valpariso and they know what to do when the earth shakes -- run uphill as fast as you can -- the Pacific Ocean will not be so pacific.
Let's hope the earth doesnt decide to shake anytime soon!!! Im sure I felt a tremor but noone else did!! Hmm Im also in a Tsunami zone!!!! what the heck!!!
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:05 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope the earth doesnt decide to shake anytime soon!!! Im sure I felt a tremor but noone else did!! Hmm Im also in a Tsunami zone!!!! what the heck!!!
You really picked a good spot to settle down didn't you!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You really picked a good spot to settle down didn't you!