Earth - hottest in 400 years

Earth - hottest in 400 years

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Earth - hottest in 400 years

Originally Posted by USBound
I wasn't joking...

Fair enough. It's nice that you are so sure of your facts.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:09 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Or perhaps they are following that tried and tested British trait of making a joke of that which they fear? :scared: If so,
Global Warming advocates need to do their research better. To think that man can be powerful enough to destroy a planet is idiotic. We're not that powerful.

Unfortunately, scientists are reluctant to speak out about the TRUE facts that the Earth has it's own cycle which is what we are experiencing now. And by Earth's history, it will more than likely get worse no matter what we do. Due to the snowball effect of "eco-warriors", true facts are ignored and instead, those they wish to believe are pushed to the masses.

True, we effect our air some what, but not on the level that some would have us believe.

Look at it this way. We are a virus on the service on this great orb. It is doing all it can to rid itself of the bacteria that invades it's body.

I had a very good article by a scientist that outlined why global warming is a fad. He had no political agenda, wasn't tied to an oil company and he discussed how other scientists think the same yet do not speak out. If I should remember the details, I'll post it here.

For those that want to be eco warriors, good for you if it makes you feel better and you enjoy warm fuzzy feelings. But stop ramming your crusade down other people's throats. Fads come and go and this one is lingering way too long for it's own good.

And you can't be a true eco warrior. It is impossible to live on this planet without using any of it's resources so stop being hypocrits and shut up.

Last edited by rincewind; Jun 24th 2006 at 2:04 am. Reason: Alcohol is messing up my ability to spell.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:45 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Please indicate to this other Yorkie abroad where is the "half of posters" who agree with me. As far as I can see this lot are all wearing blinkers.
Or perhaps they are following that tried and tested British trait of making a joke of that which they fear? :scared: If so,

hey you're right - there was only you and USbound trying to have a serious talk about it!(i must have been stuck on the 'no-score keeping' discussion on the cost of sports thread and hadn't actually got a spreadsheet up to tally the posts ) But now rincewinds joined in, so the numbers are swinging back towards serious discussion..
Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:56 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
hey you're right - there was only you and USbound trying to have a serious talk about it!(i must have been stuck on the 'no-score keeping' discussion on the cost of sports thread and hadn't actually got a spreadsheet up to tally the posts ) But now rincewinds joined in, so the numbers are swinging back towards serious discussion..
Did the Stuarts have CFC's?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:58 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Or in Guy Fawkes case "Oye you, watcha think you're doing, you ain't letting that stuff off around 'ere, it's a bloody Fossil Fuel"
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:51 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Did the Stuarts have CFC's?
Dunno, but I think they reckoned North Sea Oil was going to run out in about 1823
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough. It's nice that you are so sure of your facts.

I don't own the facts... I simply read a lot of papers (the academic type), not just on this but across a wide range of subjects... you can always tell those that started out with a set agenda and those that were actually open ended research; bias is a heavy burden.

Those grounded in science often find themselves at odds with those grounded in business... the recent (by recent I mean 15/20 years) numerous articles regarding global warming, while semi factual, are (as discussed earlier) simply attempts to sensationalise a known phenomena into a "danger". That danger is then used as a political and financial crutch as long as possible.

Probably the best "fiction" I've read around this area is "A State of Fear" by Crichton... strangely the fiction he wrote fits rather nicely into real life.... why else would a politician bother to show support for something considered the love child of a "bleeding heart liberal"
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:17 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Earth - hottest in 400 years

well I gotta confess to you all and apologise, cause it's all my fault, see the news sites all got it wrong, they should have said 4000 years not 400. See the story goes like this it does.....

Back 4000 years ago I was on my first life as a Trianasaurus rex, and well I were just a growing laddie at the time and kept eating all those dippladotus that were running about. Only problem was, well err kind of embarrasing to say really, but man they gave me the worst gas ever!.

Well with all that gas, you see, well the methane, hydrogen sulphide and hydro carbons from all that farting, well it all got into the air and they started going up and up!

Well that was my first life back ohhhh soooo long ago, and let me tell you, I've been reincarnated quite a few time since then (i've run out of toes and stuff to count how many), problem is..... well that farting, no matter what I became, well keeps on coming.

Heck they even made a song in my memory once.. Fart of wonder it's called

So, see it's all my fault!
p.s. sorry for the spelling, but they never had schools and stuff back then! (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

Last edited by Wildandcrazy0525; Jun 24th 2006 at 3:21 am.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rincewind
Global Warming advocates need to do their research better. To think that man can be powerful enough to destroy a planet is idiotic. We're not that powerful.

Unfortunately, scientists are reluctant to speak out about the TRUE facts that the Earth has it's own cycle which is what we are experiencing now. And by Earth's history, it will more than likely get worse no matter what we do. Due to the snowball effect of "eco-warriors", true facts are ignored and instead, those they wish to believe are pushed to the masses.

True, we effect our air some what, but not on the level that some would have us believe.

Look at it this way. We are a virus on the service on this great orb. It is doing all it can to rid itself of the bacteria that invades it's body.

I had a very good article by a scientist that outlined why global warming is a fad. He had no political agenda, wasn't tied to an oil company and he discussed how other scientists think the same yet do not speak out. If I should remember the details, I'll post it here.

For those that want to be eco warriors, good for you if it makes you feel better and you enjoy warm fuzzy feelings. But stop ramming your crusade down other people's throats. Fads come and go and this one is lingering way too long for it's own good.

And you can't be a true eco warrior. It is impossible to live on this planet without using any of it's resources so stop being hypocrits and shut up.

I am not ramming any crusade down your throats. I fail to see why holding clear opinions on this subject makes ME a hypocrite.

I shall, however, be pleased to shut up - I scarcely ever raise my voice in here any longer anyway, and on the two most recent occasions I have done so, I have not found a very friendly atmosphere. Sadly, Britis Ex-Pats is not what it once was.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 6:31 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I am not ramming any crusade down your throats. I fail to see why holding clear opinions on this subject makes ME a hypocrite.

I shall, however, be pleased to shut up - I scarcely ever raise my voice in here any longer anyway, and on the two most recent occasions I have done so, I have not found a very friendly atmosphere. Sadly, Britis Ex-Pats is not what it once was.
It's all about you isn't it??

I worded my post carefully to encompass all those that claim to be authorities on global warming with their armchair degrees.

If you want to make a scene and grab the attention, by all means have at it.

Just because people don't share your view on global warming or other issues, you cry into a tissue and run away. You're not that special. I'm not that special. But at least I realize that my opinion is mine alone and not all will share it.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rincewind
It's all about you isn't it??

I worded my post carefully to encompass all those that claim to be authorities on global warming with their armchair degrees.

If you want to make a scene and grab the attention, by all means have at it.

Just because people don't share your view on global warming or other issues, you cry into a tissue and run away. You're not that special. I'm not that special. But at least I realize that my opinion is mine alone and not all will share it.

No - it's not all about me, it's all about planet Earth.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

You What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant future

No - it's not all about me, it's all about planet Earth.
I have the answer to it all, by the time we flood the planet with melted icebergs, screw up the thermal under currents in the ocean, and create another ice age, Richard Branson will have perfected a way we can all live on the moon.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by You What John
I have the answer to it all, by the time we flood the planet with melted icebergs, screw up the thermal under currents in the ocean, and create another ice age, Richard Branson will have perfected a way we can all live on the moon.
I wonder how many Virgin Flying Club miles that's worth?
Old Jul 8th 2006, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

diniz1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Incase the free thinkers in this thread haven't considered this fact, water takes a lot longer too warm up than air does, especially when only a small proportion of it is in contact with the air. Once the water does warm up there will be nothing too cool the air back down. In other words the water delays the effect on the air of an increase in atmospheric carbon (known to insulate the earth). Once the water warms up (therby expanding) the weather will be completely different (more violent) and everything will be messed up. or those who think it is funny please don't share your jokes with the families of those that died in hurricane katerina etc.

CNN is one of the least trustworthy media oranisations around almost certainly proaganda. Having said that the article does state:
"It has been 2,000 years and possibly much longer since Earth has run such a fever."

"Between 1 A.D. and 1850, volcanic eruptions and solar fluctuations were the main causes of changes in greenhouse gas levels. But those temperature changes "were much less pronounced than the warming due to greenhouse gas" levels by pollution since the mid-19th century, it said."
So too answer the original question high temperatures 400 years ago could be due too volcanic eruptions and solar fluctuations.

Last edited by diniz1980; Jul 8th 2006 at 8:04 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

diniz1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by You What John
Or are there plans too contol the climate here on earth.Chemtrail Sunscreen Taught In US Schools

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.