Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Earth - hottest in 400 years

Earth - hottest in 400 years

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:35 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Earth - hottest in 400 years

So what *I* want to know is, why was earth hotter 401 years ago than it is today. Were the Saxons burning too much hay? Were the Chinese burning too many incenses sticks. Didn't they put out all the fires cooking the piggies on the barbeque !!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Gotta wonder if really cars were invented a 1000 years ago and we've been duped
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Earth - hottest in 400 years

Originally Posted by franc11s
So what *I* want to know is, why was earth hotter 401 years ago than it is today. Were the Saxons burning too much hay? Were the Chinese burning too many incenses sticks. Didn't they put out all the fires cooking the piggies on the barbeque !!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Gotta wonder if really cars were invented a 1000 years ago and we've been duped

Go see "An Inconvenient Truth", PLEASE!

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0621-01.htm
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie

Well I got as far as " Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore's documentary on global warming" and decided that was enough
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:00 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

I read the headlines, it doesn't say anything about why earth was hotter 401 years ago than it is today !! Can you elaborate?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:13 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
I read the headlines, it doesn't say anything about why earth was hotter 401 years ago than it is today !! Can you elaborate?
I think the world was still cooling down after the fun and excitement of the first Guy Fawkes night
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Titchski
I think the world was still cooling down after the fun and excitement of the first Guy Fawkes night

I hope you're all still feeling as jocular and dismissive of the subject in a few years' time. I hope your children and grandchildren will understand your attitude, after all, it's they who will be left with the results.

And no, I don't know the answer to the original poster's question and do not find it relevant to current circumstances.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:43 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Which day was it?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:51 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

That's easy. The Union Jack was adapted in 1606, people were so happy that they ran out to the flag shop and bought flags all across the British Empire, there was no TV in those days, apart from Ye Olde BBC which was in black and white,and there was very little to watch since football had not yet been invented.
When the millions of flags were brought home and raised up the flag poles throughout the land, the flag fluttering in the wind acted as millions of tiny little fans actually cooling the surface of the earth.

The End
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you're all still feeling as jocular and dismissive of the subject in a few years' time. I hope your children and grandchildren will understand your attitude, after all, it's they who will be left with the results.

And no, I don't know the answer to the original poster's question and do not find it relevant to current circumstances.

irrelevent no, sensationalist most definitely.

global warming is a fact, its part of a cycle and it will happen whether we try to stop it or not. Its happened before, it will happen again... and again... and again.

that we're "slightly" speeding it up is a possibility, however it is yet to be proven outside of theoretical discussions regarding data extrapolated from the last mini-iceage.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:48 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I love these sort of threads - they remind me of that movie Sliding Doors...one half of the posters head off on the "original posting was a pisstake, lets go that way" and the others get on the "end of the world is nigh" track and head off on that track. And both are seemingly totally oblivious to the other. Love it!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:12 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, maybe the Earth does have a natural cycle after all and the "Green Campaigners" are just blowing hot air. What a surprise.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:14 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Should be retitled, "An Inconsistent Political Agenda"
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I love these sort of threads - they remind me of that movie Sliding Doors...one half of the posters head off on the "original posting was a pisstake, lets go that way" and the others get on the "end of the world is nigh" track and head off on that track. And both are seemingly totally oblivious to the other. Love it!
Good post - karma sent
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

Yorkieabroad said: "I love these sort of threads - they remind me of that movie Sliding Doors...one half of the posters head off on the "original posting was a pisstake, lets go that way" and the others get on the "end of the world is nigh" track and head off on that track. And both are seemingly totally oblivious to the other. Love it"

Please indicate to this other Yorkie abroad where is the "half of posters" who agree with me. As far as I can see this lot are all wearing blinkers.
Or perhaps they are following that tried and tested British trait of making a joke of that which they fear? :scared: If so,
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Or perhaps they are following that tried and tested British trait of making a joke of that which they fear? :scared: If so,
I wasn't joking...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.