EAD and Tuition Problem.

Old Oct 19th 2002, 6:49 pm
JBJ
Forum Regular

JBJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD and Tuition Problem.

Hello Folks,
After I just settled the address problem, another problem has come:
Since my old EAD expired on Oct 18th, from then on, I couldn't receive school's stipend (I am working as a graduate student while being a TA who receives full financial support including stipend and tuition).
At first, I thought, once the new EAD arrives, everything will be fine. However, even the school and department picks on me!
I just received a letter from our department saying that
--------------------------
"Hello. I am sorry to heat that your EAD has expired and that you had not filed for an extension. As you know, we have had to terminate your stipend. Because of the time of the semester it is not certain that we will have the funds to restore your stipend in the remainder of this semester should your permanent resident status be approved before next semester.
It is also not clear what the status of your tuition. I believe that we should be able to pay it for this semester, however, we have not received an official rulingon whether the expiration of your EAD prohibits us from paying your tuition."

----------------------------
According to the law, should I be paid tuition (i think at least for the period that I have EAD!)?

Thank you very much for any clarification and suggestion abou this situation, because I will go to talk with the professor next week.

Best Regards,
JBJ