British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   EAD ??'s and TSC/Montreal Consulate SPEED!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ead-s-tsc-montreal-consulate-speed-104979/)

Razor Oye Jun 9th 2001 1:36 am

Guys and Dolls:

Just a heads up as to where Martha and I are in our process. Let me first say that TSC FINALLY CAME THROUGH.
After waiting for I-129F approval for 125 days (when we were told 30-40), we were approved. I was told that the Approval would take 4-6 weeks to reach Montreal. Guess TSC figured they owed us one because it got to Montreal in SIX DAYS! I could not believe it! That will definitely speed things up. They mailed Packet #3 to Martha on a Friday and she received it on the following Tuesday, faxed the checklist back to the Consulate and will likely have an interview the first week of July. We were hoping for a July 14 wedding and thought our hopes were shot - but this has given us renewed vigor!
So, here's hoping that everyone else's moves this quickly once it leaves the TSC!

MY FIRST QUESTION: Martha will be crossing at Niagara Falls or Buffalo (via car). Does anyone know that when she crosses whether or not she can recieve an EAD there at that POE rather than wait here in Houston from one in the morning to get it? It would help a great deal if she could, but I see where only certain POEs will do them. Does anyone know if these do or where I might be able to find that information?

MY SECOND QUESTION: I know that I may be getting ahead of myself here, but regarding the Advanced Parole. My fiancee would like to return to Canada during the American Thanksgiving for a formal reception up there. That gives us four months to secure AP - is that reasonable and how quickly after marriage can she apply for Advanced Parole for that purpose?

Any help - as always - is MUCH appreciated. I hope that the good news for some waiting here arrives quickly! The wait is excruciating.

Waiting still -
Martha and Jonathan

Timeline:
Date Sent: January 21, 2001
First NOA: January 30, 2001
Second NOA: May 24, 2001 (123 days)
Approval reaches Montreal Consulate: May 30, 2001
Packet #3 Mailed to Martha: June 1, 2001
Martha receives packet #3: June 5, 2001
Martha faxes checklist back to Montreal: June 5, 2001
K-1 Interview in Montreal:??? (though Martha was told that they are currently booking interviews for the last week in June and first week of July)

F Jun 9th 2001 5:18 am

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

She can apply for AP when, but not before, she files for AOS. The waiting times
for AP vary from field office to field office, so it'll depend on where you file.
Could be as little as a few days or a week, but it could also be, well, ahem, you
know . . .

F - hoping it'll go fast for you.

dgdss Jun 10th 2001 8:48 pm

Congrats. I too will be going thru Montreal received packet 3 on may 29th and sent it
back may 30th still.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >