Ead Nyc

Old Oct 20th 2002, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Amadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really nice
Default Ead Nyc

Hello everybody,

I need some advice, guys. Any info will be highly appreciated.

I am a Russian citizen and my husband is a USC. We got married on June 3rd, 2002. On August 25 we sent all docs for AOS to NYC local office. August 29 I got a letter from INS with 2 pathetic yellow cashier checks. The yellow cheks are dated August 27th.

Now when does 90 days period for EAD begin? If it's August 27th, does it mean that on Nov 27th I can go to the City and have them stamp my passport and be allowed to work legally?

And.. I fear to ask.... Does it really take up to 32 months to have an interview????
Old Oct 21st 2002, 12:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ead Nyc

The 90 day wait starts on the date on the receipt. Do not lose or misplace those "pathetic" receipts for they are the only proof of your filing and if you were to walk into 26 Federal Plaza to try and get a one year EAD if not issued within the 90 days, you will need that receipt.

You can try but they didn't give it to the last person that tried. But always worth the effort if you are desperate to work.

As for the 32 months, that was not a normal wait time. Figure for NYC 14 to 24 months. Most fall within the 16 month period.

Rete

Originally posted by Amadeus:
Hello everybody,

I need some advice, guys. Any info will be highly appreciated.

I am a Russian citizen and my husband is a USC. We got married on June 3rd, 2002. On August 25 we sent all docs for AOS to NYC local office. August 29 I got a letter from INS with 2 pathetic yellow cashier checks. The yellow cheks are dated August 27th.

Now when does 90 days period for EAD begin? If it's August 27th, does it mean that on Nov 27th I can go to the City and have them stamp my passport and be allowed to work legally?

And.. I fear to ask.... Does it really take up to 32 months to have an interview????
Old Oct 21st 2002, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Amadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really niceAmadeus is just really nice
Default Re: Ead Nyc

Thank you very much, Rete!