Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

EAD - Nebraska Service Center

EAD - Nebraska Service Center

Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold
Default EAD - Nebraska Service Center

Does anyone have any recent experience of applying for a work authorization at the Nebraska Service Center? Specifically, I am interested to know how long it took to process. The website gives the standard 90 days as the current processing time, although my experience (albeit in the California Service Center) was closer to 50 days. Our attorney felt our greencard application was better filed in Nebraska (along with my current EAD application), so I was hoping that their actual processing time is closer to my last application in California...
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD - Nebraska Service Center

Unless things have changed, there are usually specific instructions that detail where you must file certain forms. The address is often dependent on which state you live in, I am not aware that you have a choice in the matter.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Unless things have changed, there are usually specific instructions that detail where you must file certain forms. The address is often dependent on which state you live in, I am not aware that you have a choice in the matter.
Our attorney advised us that the NIW greencard application can be filed at any service center, and since the EAD application is attached, it is filed at the same location. Since she has submitted multiple successful applications at the same location, for employees of the same company as ours, I am reasonably confident in her advice.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikec81
Our attorney advised us that the NIW greencard application can be filed at any service center, and since the EAD application is attached, it is filed at the same location. Since she has submitted multiple successful applications at the same location, for employees of the same company as ours, I am reasonably confident in her advice.
Oh my bad, not reading good.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

My EAD went through the Nebraska Center last year, and took longer than 90 days, possibly closer to 120. We now have our Green Cards going through the same center, and they are being sloooow again. If you go the USCIS website, it tells you the target wait for each type of application.