Ead I-765

Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:13 am
Just Joined

RHYS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ead I-765

I applied for I-765 EAD back on the 8th october of 2003 (receipt date) it has now been 120 days since i sent it. I have phoned the national hotline five times in the last week and they keep saying it is being processed etc etc and should be here soon!!!!! They have told me if I drive to detroit I can get it today, but i live in the upper penisula of michigan a 12 hour drive away and my wife is ill at the moment so i don't really want to leave her for a couple days, so i phoned my local congress man and he told me that i have to pick up my EAD from detroit anyway as they do not send them in the post!! If this true I will be so mad because I was not told this by anyone I have spoken on the phone too!!! some help please before i go out of my mind with frustratation, do they send them in the post??
Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:33 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all
Default Re: Ead I-765

Originally posted by RHYS
I applied for I-765 EAD back on the 8th october of 2003 (receipt date) it has now been 120 days since i sent it. I have phoned the national hotline five times in the last week and they keep saying it is being processed etc etc and should be here soon!!!!! They have told me if I drive to detroit I can get it today, but i live in the upper penisula of michigan a 12 hour drive away and my wife is ill at the moment so i don't really want to leave her for a couple days, so i phoned my local congress man and he told me that i have to pick up my EAD from detroit anyway as they do not send them in the post!! If this true I will be so mad because I was not told this by anyone I have spoken on the phone too!!! some help please before i go out of my mind with frustratation, do they send them in the post??
Of course they do not. I sympathize with your wife's illness, but the rules are the rules.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm over 100 days also. But mine is because the INS F'd up my application by sending me an RFE for something I had already sent. That added another 90 days onto my waiting time before I can go downtown to get my EAD.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 5:06 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all
Default Re: Ead I-765

Originally posted by RHYS
There is no local INS office closer than Detroit?
Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

RHYS is an unknown quantity at this point

no detroit is the nearest, but if i had applied at the national service center in nebraska, would i have had to go there to get it??
Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

You have to apply at the center that has jurestiction over where you live, so if its Detroit its Detroit. The reason they dont send it in the mail is you need to have your fingerprint on the card and you need to sign it before thay laminate it.