Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

EAD before 90 Days in NYC

EAD before 90 Days in NYC

Old Jun 26th 2002, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

JasonPrince is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD before 90 Days in NYC

Hi, I received my AOS till receipt at the end of May. I really need to start working and thought I would try and go down in person to get my EAD before the 90 days is up.

Anyone have any idea where I should go and what I should bring with me (passport and till receipt I presume)?

Should I go on my own or should I try and bring my wife with me (she works so it might be difficult getting time off)

Cheers, Jason
Old Jun 26th 2002, 6:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD before 90 Days in NYC

You can go to the same place you sent the AOS papers to:

26 Federal Plaza, New York, NY

Go early, around 6:30-7:30, wait on line, go through inspection and then proceed to the 3rd floor information desk. Inquire there about demanding your EAD before you are scheduled for an appointment for pickup. Bring your copy of the papers filed, your cash register receipt and your passport and all the luck you can find. A few horseshoes, open end up, might help as well

Rete
Old Jun 26th 2002, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rete for the advice.
Old Jun 26th 2002, 8:20 pm
Donna Maindraul

In article <[email protected]>, JasonPrince
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, I received my AOS till receipt at the end of May. I really need to start
    > working and thought I would try and go down in person to get my EAD before the 90
    > days is up.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea where I should go and what I should bring with me (passport
    > and till receipt I presume)?
    >
    > Should I go on my own or should I try and bring my wife with me (she works so it
    > might be difficult getting time off)

My husband tried this a couple of years ago and didn't get anywhere, but maybe you'll
get lucky. Someone else from the newsgroup was successful, and that's why he tried.
He got the appointment letter soon after the attempt, and the EAD at about 70 days.

Go to the 8th floor and tell them you're there for an EAD. If you decide to stand in
line of the 3rd floor just for the heck of it, and they tell you to go home, go try
the 8th floor anyway.

Passport and receipt, and maybe a copy of your original EAD application so that if
they decide to do it they can type it up without finding the one you submitted. You
don't need photos, even though they ask for you to submit them.

I don't think it would help to bring your wife.

-Donna

Old Jun 26th 2002, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Donna. I will give it a shot soon, and post how I get on.