Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

E3 Granted Today!! Redmond Here We Come

E3 Granted Today!! Redmond Here We Come

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Redmond, Washington, returning to Sydney 2013!!
SamG will become famous soon enough
Default E3 Granted Today!! Redmond Here We Come

Hi All,

Well, we spent a very efficient 1 hour in Sydney U.S. Consulate this morning armed with heaps of paperwork (half of which came for hubby's employer's legal team) and they told us that our visas were granted and would be with us by the end of the week - hooray!

We're aiming for a move to Redmond, WA in mid-Sept, I know we'll have missed the summer but you can't have everything, right? I don't plan to put the kids into school straight away (maybe a month at home), for one thing we'll need to find somewhere to live permanently first but also I'd like them to get their bearings in their new country - hopefully the authorities will be okay with it
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: E3 Granted Today!! Redmond Here We Come

Yay Sam congratulations!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamG
Hi All,

Well, we spent a very efficient 1 hour in Sydney U.S. Consulate this morning armed with heaps of paperwork (half of which came for hubby's employer's legal team) and they told us that our visas were granted and would be with us by the end of the week - hooray!

We're aiming for a move to Redmond, WA in mid-Sept, I know we'll have missed the summer but you can't have everything, right? I don't plan to put the kids into school straight away (maybe a month at home), for one thing we'll need to find somewhere to live permanently first but also I'd like them to get their bearings in their new country - hopefully the authorities will be okay with it
A month home with children who have nothing to do all day?

Good luck and hope all goes well with your move.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

don't worry about missing summer.. we haven't had one yet, so maybe by the time you get out here?

Others with kids will surely chime in, but the best way for them to hit the ground running IMO is to put them in school at the start of the term.

As for bearings, when the big water is on your left, you're facing north. Canada be that way.
If you've got mountains on your left, wave hello to me down south of you.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Mid september, depending on the school district will mean the kids have only just started back to school a couple of weeks previous.
So another couple of weeks home while you choose and area isn't going to make much difference, they'll be walking into a pretty new class anyway.
Good luck with the move.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:54 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamG
Hi All,

Not so far.....

Good luck with your move, pm me if you need any hints and tips on the area - as long as its nothing to do with kids as I don't have any! if you have a dog though I am the font of all knowledge!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:56 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

As for bearings, when the big water is on your left, you're facing north. Canada be that way.
If you've got mountains on your left, wave hello to me down south of you.
For the first time EVER I live somewhere where it is relatively easy to work out North, South, East and West obviously in the past I would have done this using the sun as my bearing point... luckily living here we don't need the sun for that as otherwise we would be perpetually LOST!! ha ha!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
For the first time EVER I live somewhere where it is relatively easy to work out North, South, East and West obviously in the past I would have done this using the sun as my bearing point... luckily living here we don't need the sun for that as otherwise we would be perpetually LOST!! ha ha!
heh.. this morning I'd be wandering around in circles... boooo!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

Oh you billy fibbers, the weather has been lovely the last 3 weeks

Well...ok, apart from today :P
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:02 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Originally Posted by Hubcaps

You're right it has been nice.... I am just peeved as I spent 4 hrs y'day painting my deck with the promise of dry weather for at least the next 48 hrs.. get up this morning and it is socked in with fog and drizzling and my deck has gone a milky colour!!! buggar buggar buggar!! oh well apparently the sun is coming and it will all dry up fine
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo, congratulations.

Make sure you spend a lot of time with family (if any in Sydney) and friends, visit all your favorite eateries, head the beaches and. I am telling you from my personal experience that you won’t mind too much time doing all that you would want to do given you will have to sell out few things and plan it all!

We recently moved to California from Sydney and have the similar experience at the consulate. Armed with all the paper work, we reached the office at around 830 and were out 9.15. I was very nervous and almost blew the short interview, lol! 3-4 questions directed towards me and 1-2 towards my wife and done – we were approved!

Enjoy and good luck with the move. Oh, can you get me some vegemite 
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

if you have a dog though I am the font of all knowledge!!!
Good! I've got the hound from hell and she has issues. What, pray tell, should I do with her?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hubcaps

What's wrong with today? Usual grey clouds burn off to sunny skies here pretty soonish.....
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're right it has been nice.... I am just peeved as I spent 4 hrs y'day painting my deck with the promise of dry weather for at least the next 48 hrs.. get up this morning and it is socked in with fog and drizzling and my deck has gone a milky colour!!! buggar buggar buggar!! oh well apparently the sun is coming and it will all dry up fine
Its supposed to be warmish on Wednesday.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
What's wrong with today? Usual grey clouds burn off to sunny skies here pretty soonish.....
Taps foot....hurry up sun, the pool is calling. Mind you, I can't leave the house yet, our air freight is due to arrive today. I need my tin opener and the PS3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.