Reload this Page >

E2 Visa Information For Starting A Business In Florida

E2 Visa Information For Starting A Business In Florida

Old Nov 23rd 2002, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

ucomms is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow E2 Visa Information For Starting A Business In Florida

Hi all,
Greetings from THE LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY. Trying to immigrate to THE LAND OF FREE. Want to start a new venture and need some information on E2 visas, can anyone in the forum room direct me to the right immigration firms? I have done lots of research on the internet and have some quotations from attorneys in the USA but found them to be so expensive. Some are even quoting me upto $1500 to take on the case. Is there any firms here in north of England who can help me in filling in the "difficult to understand" forms etc? Iam planning to settle in Tampa, THE SUNSHINE STATE, Florida. Is there any brits who has recently settle in Florida? Would like to know what they think of this State? and how they went on about applying for the visas and stuff.
Thanks in advance for the help and advise.
Respect!!!!!
PS:- DOES ANY BRITS MISSES THE REAL INDIAN CURRY WITH A PINT OF LAGER??? LOL
Old Nov 24th 2002, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

We are on E2 visas but this was all done by the lawyer's employed by the company. The link to the lawyer is as follows

http://www.emvisa.com/

I have no idea of what it cost. The emailed us a questionnaire which we emailed the answers to, they completed the forms, Fed-ex'd them to us for signature and we passed them to a consular service. They were extremely efficient.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

ucomms is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up E2 VISAS

Thanks Vicky for the info. I think i have found an American lawyer based in California who is really helpful and keeps me informed on the day to day basis. Its yet to be finalise yet though. Heres a link to his website just in case anyone needs it in future.
www.EnterAmerica.com.
Have a nice day.
Raj
Old May 23rd 2003, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Mark and Rosie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question e2 visa

we are going across to florida in a couple of weeks to look at a few businesses that will help us get our e2 visa ,we hope! it all seems a bit hit and miss some people say different from others! we will let you know how we get on.
Old May 24th 2003, 3:25 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: e2 visa

Originally posted by Mark and Rosie
we are going across to florida in a couple of weeks to look at a few businesses that will help us get our e2 visa ,we hope! it all seems a bit hit and miss some people say different from others! we will let you know how we get on.
The reason people say its hit and miss is because they don't understand it. They think they can buy a tea shop in Florida and move the whole family over and thats it, they have emmigrated! An E visa is a non immigrant visa, it doesn't give you any immigration rights at all. You have to invest your own money- it can't be loaned from a bank. The investment must have impact on the economy (probably local economy) and cannot just support the family. Only the investor can work, no-one else in the family can work.

http://travel.state.gov/visa;treatytraders.html

Patrick
Old Jun 18th 2003, 1:01 am
Just Joined

reallykool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 Visa Information For Starting A Business In Florida

how easy is it to sponsor a green card through an E2 visa?
Old Jun 18th 2003, 2:25 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by reallykool
how easy is it to sponsor a green card through an E2 visa?
The E2 is a non immigration visa. You can't change the E2 visa into a GC, end of story. The E2 visa is designed for people who invest in the US, they still have to maintain ties to there homeland and the second the business fails the person must go home. It is not an immigration visa or a side step in to the US.

The E2 visa is not the golden ticket some people think it is, you must think about it carefully before you commit to the E2 visa as you cannot use any loaned money to set up a business in the US and you have to prove it will benefit the community.

Patrick
Old Jun 25th 2003, 12:48 am
Just Joined

nigel911 is an unknown quantity at this point

$1500 seems like a reasonable figure (if not cheap) for an E2 - I paid £3500 for my L1. Some visa firms/attorneys will only invoice for their services upon approval of your visa, though this is obviously subject to them establishing you have a valid cause for application and accepting your case in the first place.

If you are going to invest the amount required to make you legible for E2 status then surely $1500 shouldn't break the bank! There is a reason these guys charge what they do for the services they provide - they know the in's and out's and the do's and dont's of the process. If you screw a single form it can be cause for complete re-application, starting from scratch and incurring further costs for submitting new forms.

Best to find a visa company near to where you hope to move as you will be using them more than once if you intend to stay a while. Search for 'immigration attorney tampa', I'm sure you will find a few... Attorney's are pricier but at least do ensure you receive a professional service, there are a few 'wide boys' out there but use them at your peril.

I am living in Sarasota, 30 minutes south of Tampa. Love the weather and quality of life, miss the English sense of humour, curries and good TV.

Good luck.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Ryan England 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, I want to get an E2 visa for Florida, any advice?

Hi everyone,

Basically I have been looking to buy a business in Florida but was told that I need an E2 Visa. Does any one know how much this will cost and how long it takes? Also, what is the procedure, do I have to go to Florida and buy the business first or wait till I actually get the visa? If any one of you has already been through this process, please advise, would be very grateful, thanks...

Kind Regards,

Ryan
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 2:45 am
Pagan Sex God

Default Re: Hi, I want to get an E2 visa for Florida, any advice?

Originally posted by Ryan England 2
Hi everyone,

Basically I have been looking to buy a business in Florida but was told that I need an E2 Visa. Does any one know how much this will cost and how long it takes? Also, what is the procedure, do I have to go to Florida and buy the business first or wait till I actually get the visa? If any one of you has already been through this process, please advise, would be very grateful, thanks...

Kind Regards,

Ryan
Its a visa to overlook a business venture so you must have the business already then apply for the visa.

Patrick
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Cool

RYAN,eMAIL [email protected] we are moving in two weeks on a e2 visa ,we have purchased a business in pt /charlotte,i can only give you the information on how we did it but it should help.
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Ryan England 2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Patrick, thanks for the info. mate...

Dear Mark and Rosie, thanks for the e-mail, would really appreciate your help in this!

You guys are great!

Kind Regards,

Ryan
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

reallykool is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
The E2 is a non immigration visa. You can't change the E2 visa into a GC, end of story. The E2 visa is designed for people who invest in the US, they still have to maintain ties to there homeland and the second the business fails the person must go home. It is not an immigration visa or a side step in to the US.

The E2 visa is not the golden ticket some people think it is, you must think about it carefully before you commit to the E2 visa as you cannot use any loaned money to set up a business in the US and you have to prove it will benefit the community.

Patrick
that actually sounds right. there is probably no provision from converting from e2 to gc. however, the h1 visa is also for people who are here to work and the minute they get laid off, they're supposed to go back. there must be some means of filling for a gc while on
an e2 visa. i'm sure people have done it.
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up

HI, I do not think there is a way to convert but i would think as we are talking there are clever attorneys working on it! one way i had heard was to be co sponsered through your corporation or another corporation,Please do not ask me to explain this as i have not got a clue !evryone i spoke to on evisas even the ones that have been in the states for ten plus years are still on e2 visas .the big problem will be children once school/college is done they are not able to stay and would have to get a visa of there own ,i am not sure if there is a way of getting round this or what they would have to apply for !
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up

HI, I do not think there is a way to convert but i would think as we are talking there are clever attorneys working on it! one way i had heard was to be co sponsered through your corporation or another corporation,Please do not ask me to explain this as i have not got a clue !evryone i spoke to on evisas even the ones that have been in the states for ten plus years are still on e2 visas .the big problem will be children once school/college is done they are not able to stay and would have to get a visa of there own ,i am not sure if there is a way of getting round this or what they would have to apply for !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.