Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

E2 Visa Father & Son, substantial investment

E2 Visa Father & Son, substantial investment

Old Sep 27th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

bbb1969 is on a distinguished road
Default E2 Visa Father & Son, substantial investment

Can some body please give me some advice on E2 visas, we have an application pending, but have heard some scary stories, what is the true line?

We are father and son planning to open a business which will cost 2.5m USD, our deposit will be 555K USD, and we have a loan in place for the rest, we will be also creating 26/45 full time jobs.

Do you think we will get our visa?

Oh and what do they ask in the interview?

Thanks

bbb1969
Old Sep 27th 2005, 4:44 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa Father & Son, substantial investment

my resume is on the way

how much you paying?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 4:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

More interestingly why did you not go for a EB-5
Your application success will depend on your business plan submitted.
and whether they consider a 20% investment enough.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
my resume is on the way

how much you paying?
I've paid the lawyers enough!

I can only pay by my good-will, if you have a view i would welcome it!!!!!!!

Thanks

bbb1969
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
More interestingly why did you not go for a EB-5
Your application success will depend on your business plan submitted.
and whether they consider a 20% investment enough.
Well EB-5 is for areas in need of investment, run down locations, and there are two of us, so we have been told that they will treat us as two families, so two applications?

Thanks

bbb1969
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bbb1969
Well EB-5 is for areas in need of investment, run down locations, and there are two of us, so we have been told that they will treat us as two families, so two applications?Thankbbb1969
No its not ... there is one part of the EB-5 that talks about run down areas
but not the main thrust of it ... That would have got you green card ..
The E-2 never will ...
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Well EB-5 is for areas in need of investment, run down locations, and there are two of us, so we have been told that they will treat us as two families, so two applications?

Thanks

bbb1969
If there's two apps that's only 10% each.

I got the feeling Ray thinks 20% is low.....
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
No its not ... there is one part of the EB-5 that talks about run down areas
but not the main thrust of it ... That would have got you green card ..
The E-2 never will ...
I will look in to this Ray, my lawyer never told me about this, do you think we will get our E2 visa, and what happens in the interview, is it 30mins etc...
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
If there's two apps that's only 10% each.

I got the feeling Ray thinks 20% is low.....
Yes between two apps 20% is low, but in a project of this size of 2.5m USD, it is always done on a 90%/10% or 80%/20% the latter being the investments, the authorities are a little hare on bonafide investments, as 555k in real terms is substantial, and 26/45 jobs is pretty good going.

will they view our case and give us brownie points for 26/45 jobs, and the nod on that basis?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:15 pm
Ray

I will look in to this Ray, my lawyer never told me about this, do you think we will get our E2 visa, and what happens in the interview, is it 30mins etc...
By the time you get to the interview ..its been already decide ..the current decider at the London Embassy is Meg ... a very thorough person ..who send out lots of RFEs..Recently there has been a huge backlog ..but they seem to be catching up .. How long have you been waiting since you filed ...?
What State are you heading to? ... Is your Lawyer in the UK or US..?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Yes between two apps 20% is low, but in a project of this size of 2.5m USD, it is always done on a 90%/10% or 80%/20% the latter being the investments, the authorities are a little hare on bonafide investments, as 555k in real terms is substantial, and 26/45 jobs is pretty good going.

will they view our case and give us brownie points for 26/45 jobs, and the nod on that basis?
I really don't know, guess you'll have to wait until the interview.

Where is the other 80% coming from?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
By the time you get to the interview ..its been already decide ..the current decider at the London Embassy is Meg ... a very thorough person ..who send out lots of RFEs..Recently there has been a huge backlog ..but they seem to be catching up .. How long have you been waiting since you filed ...?
What State are you heading to? ... Is your Lawyer in the UK or US..?
We submitted mid Aug 05, so 5/6 weeks, we are going to Florida, and my lawyer is in the US, the million dollar question do you think we have a chance, we are sweating on this one!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I really don't know, guess you'll have to wait until the interview.

Where is the other 80% coming from?
A US financial institution, if we get to the interview we must have a really good chance then!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 5:42 pm
Ray

We submitted mid Aug 05, so 5/6 weeks, we are going to Florida, and my lawyer is in the US, the million dollar question do you think we have a chance, we are sweating on this one!
Florida what a surprise!!!
You better join the florida forum below for others e-2ers who are in the same boat as you ..
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Florida what a surprise!!!
You better join the florida forum below for others e-2ers who are in the same boat as you ..
So Ray, what the answer to the million dollar question on time frames and our chances?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.