Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

E2 Visa COVID 19 and stuck back in UK

E2 Visa COVID 19 and stuck back in UK

Old Mar 29th 2020, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

dwlovatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Visa COVID 19 and stuck back in UK

Does anyone have any real world experience of getting back into the US during the travel ban with their E2 visa? It’s in non-immigrant and therefore not technically covered under the exceptions, so I’m worried I will be denied entry back into the US.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa COVID 19 and stuck back in UK

Certain visa holders (crew, diplomats etc.) are excluded and an E-2 visa isn't part of the exceptions list so I don't think an airline would even allow you to board a flight to the US at the moment because you'd be refused entry.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is your business an essential service?
Old Mar 29th 2020, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Keen to hear answers to this, too.

My expectation is that you wouldn't even be allowed to board a flight - my understanding is that only USCs are being allowed to fly.

I am not sure how an essential service business would come into it - it would be good to see the context of that question.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 11:22 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Only USC and Permanent residents are being allowed back in the country unless you meet one of the exceptions. It sounds like the OP has read the Presidential decree and is hoping it's not being applied ( "real world experience"??)

Old Mar 30th 2020, 12:36 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the others. I doubt you would be allowed to board the aircraft bearing in mind the current situation.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

You will be denied, that said - I've heard of folks travelling to non "banned" countries (specifically I've heard of NZ being one of those countries) for 14 days and then transiting back to the US.