Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

E2 Visa Application about to Commence

E2 Visa Application about to Commence

Old Aug 12th 2011, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Barcholder will become famous soon enough
Default Re: E2 Visa Application about to Commence

The interview process was surprisingly quick. It actually lasted no more than 7 to 8 minutes. In my case, I was grilled on the realism of my projected revenues and profits. He did not know that much about the industry and was shocked at how much could be made. So he was trying to assess my credibility.

He asked me to explain my background professionally, and how it linked into what I'm proposing to do in the business. He also spend a lot of time discussing the corporate structure of the business. Then he focused on my revenue generation models, and basically asked me to try to justify them. In a way, it was a little like Dragons Den, though obviously no way near as intense.

The best advice I can give anybody about to go to the interview is this - make sure you understand your business inside out and are able to articulate that quickly. They seem to focus on whether or not they feel you are able to deliver the business success you claim and will see through anybody who is basically "blagging".

Aside from that, it should be pretty straightforward.

As I noted above, what surprised me most was how short the interview was. There were 4 other E2 visa applicants before me. One of the guys, who I got talking to, was literally interviewed for no more than 2 minutes, before getting approved. As such, it's important to be able to get your business understanding across very quickly and coherently.

Best of luck to all.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Coopapalooza is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Barcholder
Best of luck to all.
Absolutely briliant mate. I only joined this site yeaterday and I read through your whole story just now. It's great to see it from start to finish and I'm chuffed that someone has shown it can actually be done!!

I don't quite know how I'll manage it but I'll find a way to get me and the other half out there one day.

Once again, congratulations and all the best to you
Old Aug 12th 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Coopapalooza
Absolutely briliant mate. I only joined this site yeaterday and I read through your whole story just now. It's great to see it from start to finish and I'm chuffed that someone has shown it can actually be done!!

I don't quite know how I'll manage it but I'll find a way to get me and the other half out there one day.

Once again, congratulations and all the best to you
Thank you very much. I appreciate your best wishes.

If you put your mind to it, i'm certain you will get it done. Do your research very well and then execute your plan step by step. It can certainly be done. If I can do it, you definately can.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

Great news - congratulations! Given that your petition was more complex and open to interpretation than a straightforward mom/pop business purchase, you should be particularly pleased with your achievement.
Well done.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

COngrats to you - really interesting read - and I hope your business does great in the US.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by washsaint
COngrats to you - really interesting read - and I hope your business does great in the US.
Thank you very much. I'm flying out on Friday for a week to sort out apartment rental and office rental, amongst other things. I'll finally head out in the first week of September.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barcholder
Thank you very much. I'm flying out on Friday for a week to sort out apartment rental and office rental, amongst other things. I'll finally head out in the first week of September.
Congrats.

Now the fun begins!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Congrats.

Now the fun begins!
Yes indeed. It's now time for the big hustle. I'm really looking forward to it, can't wait to get started. All very exciting.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

OberonK is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done you! I bet the family is chuffed as well! I'm sure it's a no-brainer, but I guess you'll be focussing on making sure the business grows enough to fulfil your renewal criteria (if you want it!) - 2 years in business is nothing after all!

And your site is impressive, nice and uncluttered with a professional look. However - I'd be wary of using it in case I got bombarded by agencies. This has been my experience when using cv upload sites like Monster. Got fed up to the back teeth of being contacted by agencies who hadn't matched me to a specific job but wasted my time trying to get me to apply for jobs that were nothing like my specified area of interest.

Good luck, and I hope the family are able to join you quickly!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OberonK
Well done you!
I'm impressed. You've been a member for over 2.5 years and this was your first post. I think that's some sort of record!

Ian
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

OberonK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm impressed. You've been a member for over 2.5 years and this was your first post. I think that's some sort of record!

Ian
LOL, I bet it is. I was active on a number of other forums a few years ago, and registered with this one, but circumstances put paid to organising emigration until recently. I've been lurking on this one for a few weeks now, getting a feel for the place.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Well done you! I bet the family is chuffed as well! I'm sure it's a no-brainer, but I guess you'll be focussing on making sure the business grows enough to fulfil your renewal criteria (if you want it!) - 2 years in business is nothing after all!

And your site is impressive, nice and uncluttered with a professional look. However - I'd be wary of using it in case I got bombarded by agencies. This has been my experience when using cv upload sites like Monster. Got fed up to the back teeth of being contacted by agencies who hadn't matched me to a specific job but wasted my time trying to get me to apply for jobs that were nothing like my specified area of interest.

Thank you for your kind words.

Fear not my friend, this site has been designed specifically to cut out recruitment agencies from the picture. I have a tremendous amount of experience in dealing with these agents. Believe it or not, that was actually my inspiration for coming up with the business idea. I wanted to create a platform where Jobseekers could be headhunted directly by companies, and to cut out the middle man.

I have set up very strong registration processes in order to vet out all recruitment agencies from registering. It will only be used by actual hiring companies. There has been a tremendous amount of enthusiasm from potential clients and Jobseekers about the site, so i'm quietly confident that this will make a huge splash.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

I forgot to add - the site was developed specifically to address all the issues you raised. All very valid, and they are exactly the same concerns raised by at least 90% of my initial round table group, in excess of 50 people. If you get a chance, read through the various pages, and you will see exactly how the site deals with all your points raised. Basically, it's impossible for you to be contacted for jobs that are not relevant to you, as you are only searchable on the criteria you decide.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Coopapalooza is on a distinguished road

Well I've signed up for it so i'm expecting the correspondence to start flooding in any week now lol
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Coopapalooza
Well I've signed up for it so i'm expecting the correspondence to start flooding in any week now lol
All in God's time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.