e2 visa

Old Jan 19th 2003, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

lee shaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default e2 visa

Can anybody out there with the e2 visa help. I am currently based in the uk and would like to move to FL on the e2 visa, but in doing so need to find a bussiness that would qualify for the e2.

So if you have moved to the US along the business route, I have lots of questions that I would like to ask, so please reply

I also need to find the right lawyer who can assist in processing this application.
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 6:20 am
Just Joined

leej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: e2 visa

Mr. Shaw

I am an Imimgration attorney and have extensive experience in business immigration law, including E-2 Treaty Investor visas.

It may be easier for you to search for an appropriate business which will facilitate an E-2 visa, by being on the ground in the U.S.
You can enter under the visa waiver program for 90 days - just make sure you make your intentions clear - i.e., coming to US to explore investment opportunities but WILL NOT undertake work acitivities.

As for the E-2, as you may know you will have to meet the requirements of the E-2 classification such as: ensure that at least 51% of the ownership stake is held by UK nationals; ensure that the investment is substantial (in most cases investment of over $100,000); show that your investment is "at risk" and you are control of the funds invested, etc.

I can discuss this in more detail if you wish. Please feel free to contact me.