Reload this Page >

E2- start up business Health insurance

E2- start up business Health insurance

Old Aug 21st 2018, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

upnorth78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2- start up business Health insurance

Hi

We are hoping to be success with our E2 submission (fingers crossed).

We have looked at Health Care and had some quotes for a 12 month policy which we would buy before we move to the USA.

I am after a bit of guidance in relation to health insurance and perhaps purchasing it through the company.

Did you buy insurance before moving out there or did you sort it out once you landed in the US?

Any help with this is much appreciated as a lot of the information relates to health insurance through an employer and not self funded or through a new company.

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2018, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2- start up business Health insurance

I did not think you could buy compliant Insurance until you are resident.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I did not think you could buy compliant Insurance until you are resident.
My thought too.... maybe OP is buying an international policy which covers the US.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
My thought too.... maybe OP is buying an international policy which covers the US.
Could get a non ACA policy.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Yes we are looking at international insurance to start of with but we were wondering what other people ended up doing.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

Most people get their Insurance through their Employer, presumably you will need to do something for yourself and your Employees, one of those things whoever is doing admon/payroll should be able to help you with.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

vindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nicevindico is just really nice

I am not sure sure if your company structure under E2 might have different implications, but I was not able to obtain health insurance via my company because I was also a substantial shareholder and had no other employees being covered. So I had to purchase it personally.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

E2 implies employees.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: E2- start up business Health insurance

Originally Posted by vindico
I am not sure sure if your company structure under E2 might have different implications, but I was not able to obtain health insurance via my company because I was also a substantial shareholder and had no other employees being covered. So I had to purchase it personally.
That's good to know! Thank you. We are looking at international medical insurance for the first few months and then will purchase insurance once we are settled. I think this is the best option available to us. We always knew how expensive this is.... but it's still a shock every time we get the quotes! :-(

We will have employees but not until Year 2 of trading.