Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

E-Visas Lead times? & US Medical costs?

Wikiposts

E-Visas Lead times? & US Medical costs?

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

bbb1969 is on a distinguished road
Default E-Visas Lead times? & US Medical costs?

I was told that the waiting times for E-Visas is 16 weeks,

Have the lead times come down now that the summer period is over and what are realistic times from your experiences?

Secondly what is the average cost of comprehensive medical cover in the US for a family of 4, two adults and two children?

&

Two adults lets say 59 & 66 respectively?

Any ideas on the E-Visa & Medical

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:46 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-Visas Lead times? & US Medical costs?

Originally Posted by bbb1969
I was told that the waiting times for E-Visas is 16 weeks,
Have the lead times come down now that the summer period is over and what are realistic times from your experiences?
Secondly what is the average cost of comprehensive medical cover in the US for a family of 4, two adults and two children?
&
Two adults lets say 59 & 66 respectively?
Any ideas on the E-Visa & Medical
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
It can vary considerably 3-40 weeks
At a guess $1000 a month maybe more
No medical required for E-2 visa ..its a non-immigrant visa ..
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:03 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Single family deductible plan $2,200 annual deductible

$8,000,000 lifetime policy limit

80/20 (max out of pocket expense per occurance $4,000)

Rx and doctor visits.
(no maternity, so I hope you daughter doesn't get knocked up anytime soon........)

$730 per month.

although you'd be denied as my company doesn't write anyone over 64 years of age, so that's the age I quoted.

Last edited by Manc; Oct 4th 2005 at 1:10 am.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
Single family deductible plan $2,200 annual deductible

$8,000,000 lifetime policy limit

80/20 (max out of pocket expense per occurance $4,000)

Rx and doctor visits.
(no maternity, so I hope you daughter doesn't get knocked up anytime soon........)

$730 per month.

although you'd be denied as my company doesn't write anyone over 64 years of age, so that's the age I quoted.
Thanks for the info buddy, my daughters only 4 years old!!!!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:18 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info buddy, my daughters only 4 years old!!!!!!!
have you thought of the ramifications of what happens to your kids on an E visa when they turn 21?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
have you thought of the ramifications of what happens to your kids on an E visa when they turn 21?
Well all things being equal they will have a solid education, if not the law may have changed or purchase my business, become partner/s etc...
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Well all things being equal they will have a solid education, if not the law may have changed or purchase my business, become partner/s etc...

You're not moving to Florida then?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
You're not moving to Florida then?
Florida Buddy, i hope so.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 2:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

more to the point, what if things go tits-up...you'll be booted...and no business, you'll have to go, so no, you couldn't retire here without a greencard, not full time...and there's no direct route to a greencard from the E2.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
more to the point, what if things go tits-up...you'll be booted...and no business, you'll have to go, so no, you couldn't retire here without a greencard, not full time...and there's no direct route to a greencard from the E2.
Hey look, you got to be positive, things change, and may be for the better...
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

you should read the thread about florida then...
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Hey look, you got to be positive, things change, and may be for the better...
that's true, but you've got to be realisitic...immigration changes are rarely for the good...but good luck with your venture none the less
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:16 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Good luck then. Mind where you step, its a bugger spraining your ankle on the gold nuggets laying in the street when you've no health insurance.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Good luck then. Mind where you step, its a bugger spraining your ankle on the gold nuggets laying in the street when you've no health insurance.
you must have a crystal ball, i fractured my ankle two weeks ago!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:22 am
Account Closed

you must have a crystal ball, i fractured my ankle two weeks ago!
lol. Good job you weren't in the US then I presume

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.