Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

DX Secure Delivery

DX Secure Delivery

Old Jul 9th 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough
Default DX Secure Delivery

I received a text on Friday 6th July stating that dx had received my item from the US Embassy and it would be delivered between 8am and 6pm on the 9th July. I also tracked it on the website which said the same date. SO I took the day off work and waited and waited and waited some more...you guessed it, it never arrived.

I've tried every number but can't get through to anyone. I need to have received a delivery card or letter or something like that but how would I have this if they never delivered it?

Has anyone ever not had it delivered on the date specified? How did you contact them and what number did you use? I can't take anymore time of work so not sure what to do
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:06 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DX Secure Delivery

What does it say on the tracking web site now?
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:09 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

On the DX web site they are reporting delays in Northern Ireland
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!

It is still saying the same date...09/07/2112.

Just clicked on the link reporting delays in N. Ireland etc and then on the next page it says there are no delays!!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Well I thought this whole visa process was too good to be true and it seems like I was right.

Called DX 1st thing this morning, they said that my package had been passed onto a 3rd party for delivery and it would most likely be today. Got home at 5.30 still no delivery. Phoned again, a wee bit more irrate this time. Talked to a girl who again said package had been passed onto 3rd part for delivery. I questioned have you any idea when it was going to delivered as I took yesterday off work to wait at home because you sent me a text saying it would arrive. She said in next 2 days!!!

I asked her who the the 3rd party was, she put me on hold and asked her supervisor, she said they could not pass on this information and I would have to phone the Embassy to find out as they were the ones who gave it to them to deliver to the mysterious 3rd party. I was furious now, claiming surely this isn't the 1st time something of this nature was delivered to N. Ireland and why didn't they tell me it would be going through a 3rd party delivery service. She couldn't answer and said I would need to phone the Embassy.

Phoned embassy and it was that fcekin expensive number. Talked to another woman who said they didn't know the 3rd party either. She then checked with her supervisor and she said they think it was Royal Mail.

So got of the phone asap to ring Royal Mail but they were already shut. Decided to phone DX back, got another woman who said the same crap as before where it's passed onto bla, bla, bla. I complained that I thought I had paid for a service where I could track my item but was unable to do so. This wasn't just any old item and that it actually affected my life. I asked again who the 3rd party was? She said she couldn't give out that onfo. I then asked to speak to her supervisor. Surprise, surprise there wasn't one available but she quickly came back saying they would look into the whereabouts of my item was and phone me back tomorrow morning. I gained assurances that I wouldn't have to chase them up, as I asked for her name and I said I would quote it if I did not receive a phone call. She reiterated they would definitely call tomorrow am.

So pissed off right now, by what it seems getting the run around by employees who haven't a clue. Hope to god it is as simple as Royal Mail having it (but they've had it for over 2 days now and still not delivered). The thing that angers me most, other than not knowing what the fcek is going on, is I paid for a service that I haven't received and to add to that I'm probably out another £5 or so phoning the embassy.

Rant over!

Last edited by Ryan NI; Jul 10th 2012 at 8:01 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

ryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear this. DX is the only option as far as I know. I had to use it when I renewed my US passport. They were not great, they're "tracking" function was completely useless. They are the product of zero competition in this field and having a captive client base. Fingers crossed...
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:11 pm

Saw this on their web site "DX delivers and collects >1 million letters and parcels each year to 99.7% of the UK." Guess NI is the .3%
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
Saw this on their web site "DX delivers and collects >1 million letters and parcels each year to 99.7% of the UK." Guess NI is the .3%
I'll be quoting that tomorrow
Old Jul 11th 2012, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Brief update...got a call from DX this morning at 8am saying they have talked to 3rd party courier and item will be delivered today...I won't hold my breath
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Denise and Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Brief update...got a call from DX this morning at 8am saying they have talked to 3rd party courier and item will be delivered today...I won't hold my breath
Fingers crossed
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:44 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Just remember - it is not a democracy or a conspiracy, it is just a bureaucracy. Life as we know it in USA.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Well just popped home for lunch to see my white envelope and passport with visa in it...happy days!!!

Not going to bitch anymore about DX but for those of you applying from N. Ireland maybe worth asking at the DX desk at the Embassy, will it be them delivering it or will they pass it on to the dreaded '3rd party'.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Denise and Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you have received your package safe and sound
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

congrats ryan.
are you still planing on flying out in november.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by redarmy990
congrats ryan.
are you still planing on flying out in november.
Thanks guys.

Yeah looking at flying on the 6th November all being well. Can't book flights, well at least I don't think I can, until junior pops out (hopefully) next week due to not being able to put his/her name down.

Last edited by Ryan NI; Jul 11th 2012 at 5:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.